Wednesday, November 2, 2016

ISAIAH 53:7 AND INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE BOOK OF ISAIAH

I've missed a few days and for those who are memorizing this "5th Gospel" chapter of Isaiah with me, I apologize.  I take Sundays off now and some days I don't have as much time as I'd like. But before we go any further, I want to share some information on this very special and meaningful Book in the Bible.  I get this from my Bible that gives us some information on the different books.  Isaiah is unique and here's some info...



Isaiah is like a miniature Bible.  The first 39 chapters (like the 39 Books of the Old Testament) are filled with judgment upon immoral and idolatrous men.  Judah has sinned; the whole earth has sinned.  Judgment must come, for God cannot allow such blatant sin to go unpunished forever. But the final 27 chapters (like the 27 Books of the New Testament) declare a message of hope, the Messiah is coming as a Savior and a Sovereign to bear a cross and to wear a crown.

Isaiah's prophetic ministry, spanning the reigns of four kings of Judah, covers at least 40 years.

Yeshu 'yahu and its shortened form Yeshaiah mean "Yahweh is Salvation."  This name is an excellent summary of the contents of the book.  The Greek form in the Septuagint is Hesaias, and the Latin form is Esaias or Isaias.

Isaiah 53:7

"He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, yet he opened not His mouth:  He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not His mouth."


I Pray God Blesses You With This Mighty Prophecy by Isaiah
About the Birth of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus!

Share the Good News!

Yeshua/Jesus Christ...


First Corinthians 15:1-4

Gospel of Salvation by Grace



No comments:

Post a Comment