Tuesday, April 11, 2017

THROUGH THE BIBLE BY DR. J. VERNON McGEE: PART SIXTY

Part Sixty of this awesome series. I missed yesterday and I'm sure I'll miss more days. My goal is to do my blog Monday through Friday and take the weekend off for my own Spiritual and family needs time.  I will be honest, doing my blog every day and trying to keep up with all my Google communities became a burden.  I could not keep up,I felt as though I was letting you down; my time to restore my broken family relationships was gone and the biggest problem, my own Spiritual needs took a backseat.  Now I am a firm believer in that others come first but I also know that I can't help anyone if I'm Spiritually sick or weak too.  I shared a lot but actually listened, watched or read very little.  I skimmed it over to make sure I saw no obvious false teachings and my intentions were good, to set some time aside for me but it just piled up.  So, for everyone's sake, my goals and plans are reasonable.  We also need downtime and there's a time for everything, even play.  God gave us a day free of work and things that were burdens.  I fear we've totally missed the point of what the Sabbath rest was meant to be.  It was created before man's fall.  It's our day and I don't care what day (if any special day) you choose to take a break from everything, take time to refresh, renew, and just enjoy God's love.  Go to the beach and be awed by a shell or go watch the clouds make shapes.  Just enjoy your life with Him!!!


God Bless You All and Soon it Will be "Resurrection Day."  I do not celebrate Easter.  We never did other than I got a new dress.  I wasn't raised on the Easter Bunny although my mom and dad allowed my sister and I to make our own baskets.  We died eggs but our only focus was on the Cross but the MAIN focus was on the Victory Over Death and Hell by the Resurrection of Christ Jesus.   I won't debate whether or not we should, we're told NOT to judge others based on what days they chose or chose NOT to esteem.  I imagine Paul is talking to everyone and not just the Jewish people.  So please no judging on my pages or getting into arguments on pages about whether we should or shouldn't celebrate Easter.  I admit I don't like the name BUT I call it Victory Day!  Just my humble opinion but to not acknowledge it in a holy and way that honors Him, that's wrong.  It IS our day of Salvation.  For the first time in my life, I choose to bring glory to Him on that day!  It is NOT a pagan holiday but it IS the timeline date of His resurrection.  The best way is to share the Gospel to the world!

+
+
+
+ + + + + + +
+
+
+

No comments:

Post a Comment