Monday, March 27, 2017

GOD IS SO MUCH MORE THAN WE COULD "EVER" IMAGINE: BY GORDON KING

I have been contemplating the existence of God for quite some time and have trouble putting it into words.  Not whether God exists or not, but of the nature of God, of His mightiness, His greatness, His majesty, and His love for us.
I have a sense of the unimaginable depths of just how great God is, not that I know, and that’s my point, none of us really do nor can we!
Several years ago I had a supernatural experience with God, an experience which has changed my life forever.  I was at the lowest of lows, at the bottom of the pit, walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  I had no where else to turn but to God, I was completely broken and to the point of being suicidal.
One day all alone, I fell to my knees, weeping tears of pain, anguish, and desperation.  I called out to God to please help me!  No sooner than I could finish that sentence an overwhelming sense of peace and comfort came upon me.  I felt the presence of God!  I could see Jesus either in a vision or in my mind’s eye, regardless I saw him.  He stood in front of me yet above me with open arms, beckoning me to come to Him, and I did.
I was wrapped in a blanket of warmth and peace, filled to the brim and over flowing with God’s presence.  I have no other way to explain it other than I truly believe that I was anointed by Jesus!  He filled me with His Holy Spirit, surrounded me with His presence, and gave me everything that I needed and hoped for.  It was electrifying, intense, and supernatural!
He began leading me in His word, in fact it was the Holy Spirit who told me to start this website, I had no idea what a blog was at the time, this was almost five years ago.  He told me that this would be my ministry, that I would warn people of the closeness of His coming, that I would relate to the world what is happening with bible prophecy.  He told me that if just one person comes to Christ and is born again that it would all be worth it.  He gave me a ministry of encouragement and of community within the body of Christ.
How can I explain in words just what this was actually like?  How can I convey the greatness and the glory of God in mere words?
A few months later the good Lord anointed me with His love, that’s the only way I can explain it.  I wrote a post about this, but once again, I don’t think that mere words do it justice.  I felt an overpowering love, love that flowed in me and through me, as if rivers of living water engulfed my very soul.  I felt the strongest need to just go out and tell people that I love them, that God loves them!  To tell people that they are cared for, and that there is nothing greater than God’s love for us!  I don’t remember now just how long that lasted, but for me it surely wasn’t long enough, and I want it again!
I wrote about these two experiences that I had not to boast, but to illustrate that God is so much more than we really know.  That His depths are infinite, that His ways are so much better than we could ever know in this life time.  To try and explain just how great God is would be like trying to explain the universe to a four-year old!
I don’t know just how great God is or how magnificent and majestic, but I do know this, just as Moses was only allowed to see just a glimpse of God’s glory, I was able to feel just a glimpse of His comfort, and get just a taste of His love.  I believe that I would not have lived to see another day if God would have shown me all of His love or all of His power and glory, just as Moses would not have survived if he saw any more of the glory of God.
As humans we are so finite, so small compared to God.  Our ways are not His ways, and our thoughts are not His thoughts.  Our tiny human brains could not comprehend just how great God really is!  But we can sure get a glimpse of Him, we can begin to know Him and to understand Him.
For some reason that I do not truly understand, I feel a strong need to tell people just how great God is, but as a human with a human mind and brain I cannot find the words to appropriately and rightly do so.  I do know this, God is so much bigger than we give Him credit for, and many of us put God in a box, taking Him out only when we are in need of something.
Everything in this universe is created by Elohim, nothing that exists could exist without God.  Everything in the universe is held together by Jesus Christ, and it all exists for Him!  If our universe is as big as we think it is, and most of us could not even comprehend that, then how much bigger is the God who created it all?!
As I sit and write this post I can feel the Holy Spirit moving within me, giving me encouragement, giving me comfort.
Jesus Christ came to this earth as a man and God, yet He humbled Himself to the point of being mocked, scorned, and crucified.  He is the King of kings and the Lord of lords, yet when He lived on earth as a man He wore a crown of thorns!  But now He sits in heaven not only as the King of the universe, but as our High priest.
We must not take for granted what God has in store for us once we get to heaven, for I believe that it will be much grander than anything we could imagine, just as God is much bigger than we can now imagine!  Jesus lived on earth as a priest, yet humbled Himself before men, He came as a King, yet lived as a popper.  However, once in heaven He took the throne as the ruler of the universe!  The High priest above all others! 
Jesus has made all believers kings and priests as well, and don’t you think that once we get to heaven we shall be much better than we are now?!  I sure do!  I believe that there is so much more in store for us, that we will be made much, much better than we are now.  And we shall live lowly and humble lives while here on earth if we are true to our calling, just as Christ did.  Yet I believe that we shall be raised up to rule and reign, to have authority over what God gives to us.
Once in heaven we will have no more sin, for it shall all be wiped away, as if it never happened!  We will be as white as snow, even as Christ is.  And this is how our Father in heaven sees us, as He also sees His Son.  We will have eternity to know God, to love Him, and to cherish His intense and never-ending love for us!
God Bless my friends!  Maranatha!

"For God SO LOVED the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son so that whosever believeth in Him should NOT perish but have everlasting life.  For God sent His Son into the world not to condemn it but that through Him the world might be SAVED."  John 3:16-17

PLAN OF SALVATION

First Corinthians 15:1-11
Acts 8:37
Ephesians 2:8-9
John 3:16-17
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John

PAUL



No comments:

Post a Comment