Monday, March 27, 2017

BIBLE STUDY ON THE "SERMON ON THE MOUNT" (PART 1 OF 11) - SERMON BY J. VERNON McGEE

This is often called the GREATEST SERMON EVER PREACHED and I happen to agree.  However, it is not always easily rightly interpreted.  Some, I've heard, preach that Christ Jesus means for us to literally cut off our hands or pluck out our eyes.  I disagree because He goes on to say "that it's better to enter the Kingdom of God maimed or blind..." but we KNOW that when we get there, we will be whole, no sickness, disease, no missing limbs, etc.  I truly believe that people who hold to this is not understanding what Jesus is saying here.  I also believe, as Pastor McGee does, is that the Olivet Discourse (Sermon on the Mount) is not just confined to Matthew 5-7 but s a part of ALL of His teachings. It's powerful but I have problems understanding much of the chapters where it is recorded in Matthew.  I have a great commentary that I really want to read but it got lost and when we moved, I found it and it's here somewhere.  I am going to find that book tonight.  It's by Oswald Chambers, written back in the 1800s, I believe, and as we know, if it was right then, it's true today as God never changes.  In fact, I prefer to get my Bible studies from older pastors.  You can order this book online along with a devotional for each day of the year called "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers.  I use to post but haven't in awhile but since I'm changing what I share, I think I'll resume.  Maybe not every single day but at least 2-3 times per week.  Google him and these are the only 2 he wrote as he died fairly young (in his 40s).  Enjoy this sermon and please share!



God Bless You All and much lovee (LOVE MUCH TOO) in our Savior, Jesus Christ!

First Corinthians 15:1-11
Ephesians 2:8-9
Acts 8:37 (left off new translations)
John 3:16-17
Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, etc.

WE ALL ARE SINNERS IN NEED OF SALVATION THROUGH JESUS CHRIST ALONE!

Romans 3:23 & 6:23
The WHOLE Bible!



No comments:

Post a Comment