Thursday, July 27, 2017

LECTURE SERIES ON EXPOSITORY PREACHING BY DR. STEVEN LAWSON

I am not familiar with either Dr. Larson or Spurgeon's preaching (although I feel I should) but this explains "Expository Preaching" and why it matters.  Now I know most aren't going to want to listen to hours of lectures but I'd listen to one to get the general idea of the difference so you can make an informed decision on where you stand on this issue. Before tonight, I'd never heard this term as previously stated in my last blog post.  I am Sola Scriptura and I want to hear this type of preaching, not based on emotions and personal experiences.  These teachings have their place, no denying that, but when we stray from the clear teachings of God, then we have a watered down truth.  It's just my duty to give you information I find that I feel you should know and then it's up to you. Also, I don't necessarily endorse anyone's overall teachings but nor do I dismiss everything either.  I shared with you earlier the men of God that I follow and endorse.  I a never trying to tell you what to believe, just giving you information and there are 13 lectures (long) and I posted them all.  Now, most won't listen to all of them and they really are more for those who are called to preach.  I have many pastors that I share my blog with and maybe some that want to be a minister and this may help them.  However, I've listened to one and I learned a lot and plan to watch more.  While I'm not being called to be a pastor, I do want to start a home church or rather a gathering together to do a Bible study.  Maybe you want to also and if so, this may help you.  You're getting a Seminary class for free.  I also plan to share John McAuthur's series on this very subject as he is highly recommended as a man of God.  Again, here's the series and if you know anyone who plans to go to Seminary school, share it with them.  You never know who will be blessed why what we do...and don't do. And no, I do not expect you to listen to 13 2-hour each lectures, lol.  Then again, maybe you will.  God bless and much love in Yeshua Messiah.

LECTURE 1


LECTURE 2


LECTURE 3


LECTURE 4


LECTURE 5


LECTURE 6


LECTURE 7


LECTURE 8


LECTURE 9


LECTURE 10


LECTURE 11


LECTURE 12


LECTURE 13


No comments:

Post a Comment