Wednesday, May 17, 2017

WHY DO GOD'S PEOPLE SUFFER? BY J. VERNON McGEE

Today's sermon.  Very credible, Bible-teaching pastor.  He speaks the truth of God's Word and isn't interested in tickling ears.  Today, it's hard to find men of God who do these things.  I've finally found a church that is "good enough" that I feel comfortable attending.  It's new but not small though and it's racially and culturally integrated, which I love.  We have all ages and races.  It's not fancy but I'm grateful for that.  Any money given actually goes to how it's supposed to.  Our leader is great and you would never believe he's working on his 4th doctorate degree.  You can't even call us non-denominational.  We just go by the Word of God.  Baptist is the closest but if you prefer the Pentacostal church, or any other denomination (unless you're in a cult or cult-like church) you will feel at home.  You are free to worship as the Holy Spirit leads.  If you speak in tongues, it must be done Biblically.  We preach the right Gospel.

I made some posts last night about tithing and I want to talk about it because I know we are not required to tithe.  That is part of the oral law and for Israel, not the gentiles.  However, I feel some may get the wrong idea that I think we shouldn't tithe.  No, we should not tithe, we should freely give every dime the Holy Spirit leads us to give.  Give until it hurts if you attend a church that preaches the truth because if you don't, you won't have a church for long.  We need to use our money wisely.  Everyone should know exactly what tithing is all about and how it is to be used.  I'm sick of this "give to get" doctrine that's being taught in many churches today.  GOD IS NOT A BANK and Jesus said not to let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.  When you give, you shouldn't put your name on an envelope.  Give but give anonymously.  Please God, not man.  When I am blessed to have some money, you better believe I give, many times every dime I have.  Now, that may mean I only gave $2.00 but I give, I just do not give to get.  I store up my treasures in Heaven, not on earth.

Please give.  If you go to a good church or even if you go to "internet church" as I did for 3 years, that's great but make sure you find good pastors and not these false prophets.  This man preaches the truth and he's from the 80s so it's not in light of our political climate but God's word NEVER changes so what is true then is true today.  There are so many ministries you can support but use discernment and never give to people on F/B as most are scammers.  If you want a list of good pastors and ministries to support, let me know.  Give!  Give!  And then...give more.  You will be blessed and sometimes it will be financial but me, I love His blessings more than money.  We are a very blessed...and peculiar...people.  Enjoy and share the Gospel in 1st Corinthians 15:1-11.


JESUS CHRIST DIED FOR YOU...WHAT WILL YOU DO FOR HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment