Tuesday, January 9, 2018

WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT?

This is a short and informative video I found on GotQuestions.org that I wanted to share with you.  The Holy Spirit is so often misunderstood today.  The church I was raised in as a child didn't speak much about Him and the only reason I knew about Him was from reciting the Apostle's Creed each Sunday.  As an adult, what I learned about Him was from the Pentacostal church which led me into a lot of confusion and caused me a lot of distress because He did not work in me the way they claimed He worked in them.  For example, speaking in tongues, hearing His voice, or having visions and dreams where He gave me extra-Biblical revelations.  I didn't become a prophet nor was I given "a word" from God.  So, do mainstream denominations teach this very important person of the Godhead in truth?  If not, I wish they would because I've heard so many say they've been saved but don't have the free gift of the Holy Spirit because they don't do those things either.  I've also heard from those who are not saved but have witnessed some of these services where people are convulsing, barking like dogs and having fits say if they have to do that, then they want no part of it.  That's sad and scary to me.  I hope this helps clear up some of the misunderstandings of this most wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit.  God in Heaven, bless you all.



To read more on this subject, please click on the link below and check out the related links as well as answers to your many questions about our Father in Heaven!



No comments:

Post a Comment