Monday, November 6, 2017

DO PROPHETS STILL EXIST TODAY (VIDEO BY THE BEAT)

Oh, I can hear the outrage of the charismatics and Health, Wealth and Healing pastors now!  Did the prophets heal?  Did they promise you wealth and prosperity?  Take money?  The better ? for me is does the Holy Spirit lead you?  Does He convict you of sin or give you the day/hour of Jesus Christ's return?  I don't believe in modern day prophets in that new revelations of His Word is given.  I believe He speaks but unless it lines up with scripture, you are listening to a false prophet.  God lays burdens on my heart for others many times.  He guides me into making good choices.  I'm even almost (but not quite) sure He or an angel spoke directly to me but if so, it was meant for me personally, not to share with the world. No revelation.  Jesus Christ also warns not to add to or take away from the words in the book.  I believe we are given great insights into prophecy already foretold.  Prophecy is also not to tell the future but to verify the truth of the Bible throughout the ages as it is fulfilled.  Discernment is extremely important here.  New doctrines?  No.  New ways to be saved or God really didn't mean _______ (fill in the blank).  Ah, yeah He did.  We change, He doesn't.  What was sin in the beginning is sin today.  So we can soften sin all we want to coddle the world and make them feel saved but continue to live in willful sin.  Is that love?  Sometimes love hurts.  Love convicts.  Love cares more about your salvation than your emotions.  This is my POV and whenever someone says "God told me to tell you..." a red flag goes up.  I sometimes feel strongly that God wants me to tell someone something or pray for them but God does not audibly speak to me.  What does His voice sound like?  And why doesn't He speak to me?  He does.  He left me a great book and if I want to hear Him speak audibly to me, I read the Bible out loud.  Yes, He speaks to you but are you listening to Him or your own thoughts and trusting other spirits?  Our adversary can imitate but cannot do anything else.  But are there really prophets today?  I say God can give anyone any gift He wishes.  This IS His world.


No comments:

Post a Comment