Friday, July 21, 2017

WE DON'T SACRIFICE HUMANS TODAY....OR DO WE?

I'm going to speak to you about a very controversial issue and it may be offensive to some but trust me (yeah, I hate it when people say that too, lol) I do not mean it to be.  I know of what I speak but that's for another post.  





We believe we live in a civilized nation where sacrificing a child (or anyone else for that matter) for a strange "god" is unthinkable for 99.9999% of the humans on planet earth today.  What a moral outrage I hope that would cause but these days, there's so much chaos that I'm no longer sure if there IS any moral outrage in what is good and right.  However, we have now killed over 50,000,000 (that's 50 million) unborn children through the act of abortion since Roe v. Wade in 1973.  She has recently made a public confession of Salvation and has stated she now regrets what she did.  Forgive her just as Christ Jesus has because if she hadn't, someone else would have.  I don't think she ever intended for it to become what it has today and I know she feels like THE most hated, irredeemable person ever born.  The truth is, abortion was just an opinion and made legal but it's not a law or right as many think it is.  She is only responsible for her sins and not the sins of choices that other people make.   As far as I am aware, her child was NOT aborted but I don't know if she later had one or had an illegal one done before the legal case.  I don't want or need to know.  I have no intentions of finding out either because I am choosing to respect her privacy.  I imagine that public confession was very hard for her to do and I respect her for that.  

So, are we sacrificing unborn children to a "strange" god?  Man thinks he's God himself and doctors justify late-term abortions and even early term ones for medical research, organ transplants or for the betterment of humanity.  What if one of those babies would have grown up to find a cure for cancer and other horrific diseases, be a peace-maker, a true man of God that would bring about the end of the horrors we hear about it every single day today?  It wouldn't even have to be a man of God because throughout the Bible, time and again He uses unbelievers for His will.  Martin Luther King, Jr., a man I respect and admire, was a pastor and he taught civil rights for blacks through peace.  My grandmother and I watched him and had I not been only 8 at the time, I'd been out there marching with him. So my question is this, are we sacrificing humans for the "god" of science and man?  Now that would be the strangest of all false gods.

Black lives matter.  I completely agree with that but so do all other lives, especially those who have no voice or choice in the matter.  Slavery was not ended by the government as we are taught.  It was stopped by American people who saw other Americans doing something bad and made them stop.  We southerners have a bad name but we are the ones who built and ran the underground railroads with the help of anti-slavery notherners.  So, it's up to us to stop this wrong.  How do we do that? Peacefully, without judgment or self-righteousness. We raise our children to use self-control or birth control.  We empower them to say no, not yet.  We educate them and raise them with a good moral and ethical character.  We don't support movies or companies that sell their products using sex as their MO.  We use our voice in the voting booth and we demand that if abortions are going to be legal (that's a hard choice here because it won't stop them by making them illegal but only cause more deaths and problems) that our tax dollars don't pay for others bad choices.  We also demand that they be hard to get and as sick at heart this makes me, put a short time limit on when you can no longer have one.  If the absence of a heartbeat means that life has ceased, then having a heartbeat should say there is life there and it matters.

I am far from being holier-than-thou, self-righteous and I am definitely not being a hypocrite.  I've faced this issue many times in my life.  I have 5 wonderful kids and would have had 7 but...one was twins and I miscarried one.  The 6th child, that's why I can assure you I'm not a hypocrite.  It's a decision that you may one day have to come face-to-face with.  Maybe some won't, I don't know, but the women I know who had an abortion tell me it was the biggest regret of their life.  So, if you have made this choice remember that that is why Christ Jesus died for us, to forgive us and wash us clean.  I know my child is patiently waiting for me with the Lord.  

The saddest thing I ever heard was a man actually said he was afraid to go to Heaven because he'd have to face the child he pressured his wife into aborting.  Another woman was told by her children that unless she came down from her pro-life stance and became pro-choice, they would never have a good relationship.  The mother chose her faith in God and His Word above her own child.  She told that child that had she been pro-choice (and tell her friends who felt the same way) that she probably wouldn't be alive to make such a demand on her mother.  I won't go into other stories but you get the gist.  




I can't fight this battle alone and the Church needs to help.  We have a voice and God has changed our hearts and through Him, we could help those who can't raise a child but really does not want an abortion by giving them freely what they need.  The Church and we individual Christians are doing nothing to help.  We talk a good game but when it comes down to it, are we willing to sacrifice our money, privacy, 7 months or more of our time to help? We sign petitions, we vote for pro-lifers and write long blog posts , on F/B and Twitter but are we actually doing something?  We have failed them.  Some don't want our help and we can't force it but there's many who are praying hard for a way out.  Let's give them the way out.  We can do anything through Jesus Christ who strengthens us.  Let's not leave off our most powerful weapon and that's humbling ourselves and crying out to Him in prayer.

I'm going to end this with a quote by Eric Snowden.  It's from a secular interview, not faith-based but it applies here.  BTW, "secular" is not bad or sinful most of the time.  It's a word that only means it's not faith-based.  We all do secular things.  We shop, play games and even watch things we probably shouldn't but it's just the difference between what is Spiritual and what is not.  It's not offensive, as my husband thought it was.  When asked why he exposed that the government was wire-tapping every single phone call by everyone (no one was excluded) which some consider treason, he said "there's right and wrong and there's legal and illegal.  They don't necessarily agree with each other."  FYI, he is the former NSA agent that is now in exile in Russia.  Use your voice for the good and what is right.  Make a difference in someone's life and they may discover the next cure for cancer. God bless you!



The Gospel of Salvation is THE answer to stopping abortions.  Think about it!

PLAN OF SALVATION - THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST

First Corinthians 15:1-11
Ephesians 2:8-9
John 3:16-17

WE ALL ARE SINNERS

Romans 3:23 and 6:23

THERE ARE VERY REAL CONSEQUENCES TO OUR ACTIONS, GOOD AND BAD.  "YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW" SO MAKE SURE YOU PLANT "GOOD" SEEDS WHEN FACING THIS CHOICE, BE IT YOU OR SOMEONE WHO COMES TO YOU...LOVE IS THE GREATEST GIFT!

2 comments:

  1. I cant even imagine doing that. Muslims are having a lot of babies and so are the illegals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're basically wiping ourselves off the face of the earth. The rate of reproduction is 1.6 kids per family but in Islamic ones, if they have the 4 wives allowed, they each have an average of 4 per wife, so 16 per family. Do the math, Jean. It's only a matter of time. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete