Monday, July 10, 2017

THE DOCTRINE OF HELL QUESTION?

I know, bad topic to discuss but I just thought of something.  When we preach the true Gospel of Salvation but leave off sin and the likely very real consequences of it, are we not making the Gospel less effective?  

Here's my thinking.  I fell in love with Jesus Christ at 6 but like most, fell away from living FOR Him but I never stopped believing in Him in my heart.  Sure, I've had doubts, we all do, but we realize that our minds our an enmity to God.  It's our heart and faith that matter and not some random thought that comes in our mind.  It's temptation.  Easy to overcome by reading the Word of God.  

Most atheists already think that when we die, we die.  We live in on the memories of our family and our great works on earth anyway.  That's  like a watered down Gospel that is a "feel good" doctrine and no real reason to really convert to Christianity.  No consequences of bad behavior, absolutely no reason to change your life.  I'm an ex-drug abuser.  I struggle with that and I struggle with other fleshly desires.   We're not changed overnight as it's a process.  We are the clay, God is potter.  I'm very guilty of doing this and as I said, those who don't teach sound doctrine are going to face the judgment of God.  Many will say Lord! Lord! in the last day and He's going to say, depart from me for I never knew you.  I don't want to be one of those people.  I'm not sure if we'll be effective if we don't preach a literal and eternal damnation.  I would not agree to say hell will be this or that either.  Say you don't know but God does and He is your judge.  He is Holy.  Be washed in the blood of Jesus Christ for it is HIS righteousness alone by which we will be judged.

"For I am the way, the truth and the life.  NO man cometh unto the Father except by me."  


No comments:

Post a Comment