Monday, July 10, 2017

JONAH - WANNA LAUGH?

I just made a very serious post and so I just want to share a little laughter to release the pressure.  One of my favorite books in the OT is Jonah.  I love that very true story.  It has to be true or else Jesus would NEVER have used it as the only "sign" that would be given to the Jews.  I knew the Sunday School version of the story but I wanted to really read it and understand it.  With a bit of help from my good friend Chaim, through the Holy Spirit I actually got it.  Well, almost.  I reread it last night because I like to go back in time in my mind's eye and put myself in my Bible "heroes" shoes.  I am still having a wee bit of trouble understanding why Jonah was so mad but I can imagine why.  The gourd though.  Why was he so mad and wanted to die.  Have you ever read what God tells Jonah in the very last verses of this story?  I'm pretty sure everyone knows what discern means but in case someone new is reading and doesn't, it's able to tell the difference or see the signs.  Discern the times, discern spirits, etc.  Really read this verse and do you see how and why maybe we have a sense of humor?  God bless.

Jonah 4:11  "And should not I spare Ninevah, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore (120,000) persons that cannot DISCERN between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?"

I think we all know people like this.  It's fine to laugh.  Enjoy the Word of God.  I also love it when Peter, in Acts, is talking to the Pharisees and says while they're arguing and complaining, "You know what I think, I think we OUGHT to be worshipping God."  Go Peter! I am always learning something new every single time I reread scripture.  Enjoy this journey cos it ends really well for those that believe!


No comments:

Post a Comment