Monday, June 12, 2017

JUST A QUESTION...

Do you believe that this is a true house of worship that would please our Lord God and Savior should He attend?  Remember, He sees all.  Shouldn't we be respectful and reverent to Him? Somehow I cannot imagine the Apostles allowing this type of behavior to occur in their churches and please don't misunderstand, I love active and joyful praise to our Savior, Christ Jesus.  After all, David tells us in Psalm 100:1 "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all ye lands." I love to see Spirit in action.  However, I feel many churches take this too far.  The biggest issue I have in every Pentacostal Church I have ever attended is that they don't preach on anything but baptism in the Holy Spirit.  I never heard one about the "serpent on the stick" that the Jews were to look at if bitten by a poisonous snake while they were wandering in the desert and what it foreshadowed, I never heard a sermon on Daniel or any book except Acts.  There are 65 other books in the Bible and I want to grow in the word and in grace.  Ask yourself a question, do you walk around 24/7 "feeling" saved?  I don't.  I don't "feel" the Holy Spirit all the time but I know I am sealed with Him.  If we rely on our own feelings, what is going to happen when you encounter trials and problems in your life, when tragedy strikes or if you feel sad or alone?  Our salvation is a promise not based on how you feel.  It is based on the cross and His promise of salvation.  You decide if this is what the early church did.  


No comments:

Post a Comment