Friday, May 19, 2017

ADVICE TO NEW BELIEVERS

I've been "in love" and believed in Christ Jesus since I was 6.  All of my life, even when I was not living for Him, I felt His presence and His voice trying to bring me home.  I knew deep down I would "one day" but I can tell you this...it is ONLY BY THE GRACE OF GOD and DIVINE INTERVENTION that I lived long enough to get right with Him.  Doctors have told me I'm a miracle.  One said he didn't believe in God but I was causing him to rethink that because there was no medical, logical or reasonable reason why I should be alive.  One nurse told me that my potassium and calcium levels were so low they were inconsistent with life but instead of being dead, I was alert and talking.  She called me a miracle and then said 2 minutes later would have been too late.  I say no, God was not ready for me so 2 minutes or 2 hours, God was not letting me leave until I surrendered to Him.  Did my life get easier?  Not by a long shot.  I got deceived.  I got unknowingly involved in 2 very dangerous cults.  Because I'd been raised in the truth, I quickly spotted the lie but the problems it caused me was long lasting.  So, I want to try to help new Christians get a good start and not make the mistakes I did.


Do not order ANY booklets from churches on the internet.  They are all cults.  The only book you need is the Bible and it is quite sufficient to interpret itself.  However, for the newborn, that's not easy so here's what you need to get.  Get as big of a Bible dictionary and concordance that you can afford and a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance that gives the meanings of the original text.  You can order them on the internet at ABE.com for about $4.00.  Go to used bookstores or go online and find the biggest regular dictionary that is from 1973 or older.  Do not get a new one.  They do not contain the Biblical meanings.  I lost mine in the move so I have to find one but I recommend the New World Dictionary written in 1973.  For example, worship doesn't mean bowing down and kissing the ground people walk on.  It means "respect."  Jealousy only means God expects your exclusive loyalty.  He IS the only Living God and created you.  Not too much to ask.  

Don't go pastor shopping on YouTube.  Almost every day I post a sermon by J. Vernon McGee and you can go there and find hundreds of sermons by him.  He's dead now but was popular in the 80s and he is a Bible-preaching only pastor and he has an awesome series called "Through the Bible."  Listen to him because it's not end times preaching or preaching in light of today's events and God's Word is the same but even though he never claims to be a prophet, he said what was coming according to the Word of God and it either has or we see it close by.  Most importantly, he has the true Gospel message down pat.  We are saved by grace through faith and belief, not of works or ourselves.  He preaches death, burial, resurrection in body is our salvation.  Good works are a natural occurrence of the repentant heart.  However, it doesn't happen overnight.  I'm doing a new blog exclusive to false prophets and cults.  I also have some links so be careful of these new doctrines.  Before finding a church, especially a mega-church, make sure they tell the 100% truth of the Word of God.  I am literally no denomination.  I follow Jesus.  



Know the Gospel, use the KJV only but if you want, read the New KJV concurrently as it is a good resource if you get stuck on a verse and need some help.  Be sure to get a red letter Bible and mine is awesome.  It has stars by prophecies and the ones that have been fulfilled are solid but those for future events are just the shape.  It has awesome parallel verses and only costs $11 at the Dollar General.  

I'll have more to add but before getting into a church, especially a very large one, research the denomination and find out what that church teaches.  Make sure it is not a cult or cult-like.  I'll post more information over the weekend as I think of it but pray without ceasing.  Pray before giving money, choosing a church or what books are good to read.  I highly recommend Oswald Chamber's "My Utmost for His Highest" and his small booklet on the Sermon on the Mount.  The older the pastor, the more likely you'll get the truth.  Do a quick search on known false prophets and cults.  Praying and being rock solidly grounded in the Word of God is your primary objective as it will protect you from deception.  Please share with any new believer.  I wish someone had given me this info but no, I got deceived.  I don't want that for you.  I'm praying for you and if you want, we can form a group to fellowship together.  Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment