Friday, April 14, 2017

THE POWER OF NEGATIVE THINKING: SERMON BY DR. J. VERNON McGEE

This is a very interesting sermon as whenever I get an answer...a LITERAL ANSWER...to a prayer, and tell others, I've heard this or something similar, "oh, prayer isn't real, it's just the POWER  of "positive thinking.  It's always been like sand in my drawers all my life, lol.  However, I never made a pearl so I guess I'm NOT a clam, even if I was so confused about who I am that I "identify as one."  I cannot make a pearl no matter how many grains of sand end up in my britches.  Not a clam, lol.  So, last night I tried an experiment, albeit it a weak one, and decided to be 100% positive that today One MILLION dollars would just appear in my bank account.  I even wanted to think and believe with everything I am that ONE MILLION DOLLARS was going to show up, so much so that I even stupidly prayed for God NOT to intervene.  Oh, I have wants but a million dollars isn't even on the top 10 list.  Money to me is a means to an end.  I wouldn't mind having a little more but I have never aspired to be wealthy.  I make "cheap" people look like big-spenders!  Give me yard sales and thrift stores any day of the week.  My most favorite store?  The Dollar General and/or The Family Dollar Store.  Except for personal items, I'm happy with used stuff.  Hey, they're "new" to me!  We aren't rich, probably at or slightly below the lowest middle class or highest poverty line.  I do not care cos we always have enough.  I can't think of a thing I want so bad that it's more important than another person's needs.  I love to give.  I always have been a cheerful giver.  Not sure why but IF there be anything "good" about me, it is that.  But, before I truly dedicated my life to Him, I see bits of selfishness in that.  I was trying to "buy" or "earn" their love.  I had very low self-esteem.  Surrendering to Him is many things but to me, it reminds me of how my husband refers to his experience in "boot camp."  It's like He tears us down and takes away every bad trait we have such as greed, vanity, impatience, selfishness but especially GREED AND ARROGANCE and starts over, rebuilding us into these beautiful and amazing people that even WE like.  We start loving ourselves but in the RIGHT WAY.  Are we perfect?  By no means and even that is beautiful when you allow Him to lead you.  It's humbling and praise-worthy.  How great is our GOD?  Greater than everything.  By the way, I found it too hard to positively think I'd get a million dollars and I didn't.  Now, if God had WILLED me to have it, I'd have it right this second.  On that, I'm 100% positive.




No comments:

Post a Comment