Sunday, September 11, 2016

THE BOOK OF ROMANS

Information on the Book of...



Romans is Paul's greatest work, its placed first among his thirteen epistles in the New Testament.  While the four Gospels present the words and works of Jesus Christ, Romans explores the significance of His sacrificial death.  Using a question-and-answer format, Paul records the most systematic presentation of doctrine in the Bible.  Romans is more than a book of theology it is also a practical exhortation.  The good news of Jesus Christ is more than facts to be believed; it is also a life to be lived -- a life of righteousness befitting the person, "justified freely by [God's] grace through redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (3:24).


Although some manuscripts omit "in Rome" in 1:7, 15, the title Pros Romaious, "To the Romans," has been associated with the epistle almost from the beginning.




Information is given in my Authorized KJV.  It's a very unique Bible, red letter, and has more "extras" than any other Bible I have ever owned.  I bought it at the Dollar General for $11.  I almost didn't because I had 4 others but my only "red letter" edition had very small print and my 56 year old eyes just had a hard time.  The others were larger but no red letters.  That was important to me.  My other one, the "red letter"  which was incredibly hard to find at a CHRISTIAN BOOKSTORE, only cost me $3.  Sure, my bank account LOVED the price but to me, too cheap as it is worth 10,000 times its weight in gold to me.  God bless you all and much love in Christ Jesus!




No comments:

Post a Comment