Sunday, April 1, 2018

DON'T JUST PREACH IT --- DO IT!

       All of my grandparents lived out their faith on the Plains.  My maternal grandparents, the Reverend John Luther Norris and his wife, Beatrice, served twelve Methodist churches in South Dakota and several more in Iowa.  Prarie people have long memories, and they still tell stories about my grandfather's kindness.  One man recalls that after his wife died, leaving him with several small children, he began drinking heavily.  My grandfather came to his house one day to do the family's laundry, and though the man was drinking the whole time, my grandfather never preached about it; he just kept talking to him about his plans for the future, and, as he put it, "helped me straighten up my life."

       --- Kathleen Norris --


I think this song by Dallas Holm goes well with this post...Live What You Say!  Be a good ambassador to Christ Jesus, people are watching to see if YOU live your faith.  God bless and Have a blessed and happy Easter!



No comments:

Post a Comment