Saturday, February 10, 2018

DO YOU HAVE TO ATTEND CHURCH TO BE A "REAL" CHRISTIAN?

The Bible tells us clearly not to forsake gathering together.  Is the word "church" mentioned?  No but most assume that this is what it's referring to but is it?  Jesus Christ says "Wherever 2 or more or gathered in My Name I Am in the midst of them."  No mention of a physical church there.  Did the Apostles gather together on the Sabbath to worship?  No.  They gathered together on the 1st day of the week to get ready for that week's work in spreading the Gospel.  Why did they preach in synagogues on the Sabbath?  Was that their "worship" day?  No, not at all.  They preached in the synagogues on the traditional Sabbath because that's where the people were gathered.  It wouldn't have done them much good to show up on Wednesday to the synagogue in order to lead the Jews to believe that Jesus IS the Messiah, now would it?  

Church is often misunderstood.  You've heard it said that church is for the saint and the sinner but that's not what the Bible says.  We are to assemble to equip, train, be prepared and corrected, if necessary, because word of mouth was the only way to share and there was lots of work to be done in the early church and I say even more so today.  We are instructed to go OUT into the outtermost parts of the earth to share the Gospel as the world (unbelievers) aren't coming to us.  Any money given was to go to the saints as they had need and then shared with the needy, not to buy buildings, sound systems, cars and planes.  Have we left our first love?  It feels like it to me.  We are becoming religious but not holy.  We work but without righteousness.  We've let way too many wolves into our churches and our homes.  

I see Jesus Christ in the face of a young mother who didn't have enough money to buy milk for her child but yet the Holy Spirit laid it on someone's heart (who may have had even less) to give her that money.  I feel God's presence when I hear someone sing "Amazing Grace" with a graveled voice but with more feeling that if it was a choir.  I feel Him in the touch of young man who helps an elderly person stand up or gives them their seat on a bus.

I see Christ Jesus in the tears of the saints whenever a brother or sister is hurting.  I feel His love in my husband's words, in the kindness of strangers and the unconditional love and acceptance of my two dogs.  I see God's handiwork in every thing He made.  I see Him when He showed me 3 crosses in the sky just because I asked.  I feel the Holy Spirit when I know that what I am about to do is right or wrong.  For those He loves, He corrects and chastens.  It's always followed by a huge, mind blowing blessing.  

Stop playing Church and start being Christ-like.  When we do that, the Church, the Body of Christ, will fall into perfect place.  I want my physical church back too!


GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND MUCH LOVE (AND LOVE MUCH)
IN CHRIST JESUS!

(JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION AND A BIT FRUSTRATED THAT EVERY CHURCH I'VE FOUND IN MY AREA IS SO FULL OF ERROR THAT IT'S DANGEROUS FOR ME TO ATTEND.  PRAY FOR ME, PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment