Thursday, December 21, 2017

WHAT TO DO IN A CRISIS - SLIDESHOW BY CROSSWALK

We never know when a tragedy will meet us head on just around the corner.  I've been in a few and the Spirit took over and kept my emotions at bay and I did what needed to do.  My husband had a seizure and stopped breathing.  His lips were blue (indicating he was not getting any oxygen) and foaming a small bit that was pink around his mouth, also an indication blood was involved but not a MAJOR bleed.  I was on the phone with 9-1-1 and the operator told me NOT to give him mouth to mouth (I can't spell the other word) but I KNEW to do it.  I breathed in his mouth and he started breathing and sat up.  Before, he was lifeless, stiff as a board. Then I heard the sirens.  Did I save his life?  Only God knows that answer but I obeyed what I felt I was led to do and he's fine.  Since he'd had a major heart attack and a quad bypass a year before, I did not do the chest compression and it wasn't needed.  I'm sure I cried out to God first but I held it together and didn't let my emotions get in the way of doing what is necessary.  I do good during the crisis but fall apart afterwards and that's okay.  Here are some Biblical principles on how to act in an emergency AND how to let others help you.  We have a genuine desire and need to help, do something, so let them.  It is a good thing to do for them even if it's for them more than you.  It's called LOVE.  Be blessed and be safe. Click on the link below to see this much needed slideshow.


7 Things You Need to Do in a Crisis


No comments:

Post a Comment