Wednesday, December 20, 2017

CROSSWALK SLIDESHOW - WHAT SHOULD WE GIVE JESUS CHRIST FOR HIS BIRTHDAY?

I usually enjoy most of what the Christian website and newsletters by "Crosswalk" although in my PERSONAL opinion, I think they miss the mark at times.  By the way, when I capitalize words, it's for emphasis unless I tell you I'm screaming at you and sometimes I am.  They do NOT water down, add or take away from, or compromise God's Word and the TRUE and only Gospel of Salvation that I've seen.  They're humans and no website, pastor, etc. is 100% right.  It also doesn't make us a false prophet if we have a theory or opinion on what the Bible is saying even if it's wrong so long as we do not ever preach/teach them as TRUTH.  The most important message we MUST get 100% right is the Gospel of Salvation as told in First Corinthians 15:1-11.  It's grace alone; faith alone; Christ alone.  I will include a link at the bottom for you to read the article for yourself.


Now, there's nothing that's overtly unScriptural about what they say.  It's a 3 part of series on 3 gifts we can give Jesus for His birthday and as today is the first day, I only have one gift and that is "TIME."  

That sounds like a great gift and definitely one we should make a vow to do from now on.  We desperately need to devote more time to God by helping the needy, helping scared and young women who find themselves to be with child and feel their only way out is to have an abortion.  We can devote 9 months of our lives to support her and the father (if he wants) to get through this and if they choose adoption, we can help them find the right family.  We can take them in because there's always room, just get creative and it's not for a lifetime.  After all, isn't being a Christian all about sacrificing?  It's so EASY to give what you have and doesn't hurt you or change YOUR life in any way except maybe some resentment, judgmental thoughts and words/actions; but you don't have to "give up" your bed or a day off of work you planned to spend being a couch potato and you won't miss a meal.  You are blessed with plenty and you're not sacrificing anything of value to yourself.  Sacrifice is about YOU having to go without so others don't.  

Sacrificing to God is giving up something that negatively affects you.  Maybe you don't have an extra bed if their family kicks them out so you either have to let them sleep on your couch or give up your den, man cave, sewing room for a few months so they won't be out on the streets is sacrificing.  Maybe you barely make it from check to check and food is stretched thin.  Use a day or two a week as a day to fast and pray, that way they wouldn't feel as if they were taking away from you.  Whatever you do, you don't tell them this is not your normal routine. 

 

This is just an example of giving God our "time" and also a way of saving an unborn child's life.  Will He accept that gift and will it please Him?  Unless it done with either self-righteous intentions "Hey, look at what I"M doing" or coldness and resentment, I believe that's His message.  Do you believe we are required to tithe 10%?  Why?  Oh, because God will return it 7-fold.  He will give you ALL your money back plus a whole lot of interest.  In many cases, 7 x more than you gave.  Well, our laws call that criminal and usury.  God doesn't commit sins.  He's also not your banker.  SHOULD you support the Church?  That's a no-brainer.  Of course we should but you're to give cheerfully and with a pure heart, giving without expectations of getting anything back.  Hire a stock broker or accountant if you want to make money.  I don't want God to be my financial adviser, I want Him to be my GOD.  He rewards me financially but never dependent on when, if or how much money I gave.  He sure does seem to rain down blessings though.  I hate to be greedy but His blessings, I want Him to flood me with them.  I want as much as He will give me and I don't see how it's possible for Him to bless me more than He already does.  I need to be corrected too and far too often.  

Image result for image of a cartoon clock

So, does the Bible tell us to give Him our time?  Well, the concept is definitely there but no direct commandment to do so.  There's too many situations where some people have no way possible to give Him a lot of their time as far as volunteering, going out to help others because they may be one of the people who needs "time" from a Christian.  Sickness, physical/mental disabilities, where you live, what is needed and abilities play a big role.  Now, we CAN give Him our time by being a prayer warrior, studying His Word, sharing the Gospel online if you can't get out much, if there's a good, Bible teaching, Gospel preaching, uncompromising House of Worship you're blessed to have found, you can attend church and get involved.  Believe me, God will bless you immensely but again, that's not what He asks for.

I imagine one of the 3 gifts will be money.  It's great to give $$$ but be wise as a serpent on who you give your money to as far as ministries are concerned.  If you are blessed (unlike me) to have a home church, your money should go to supporting their ministry first and foremost.  If not, soon enough you won't have that awesome church to attend.

Image result for images of money

"For wherever the treasure is, so is the heart."  "You can't serve God and mammon (money) at the same time.  You either love the one and hate the other or love the other and hate the one."  (Loosely translated from the Holy Bible)

Not sure what the 3rd one will be but it could be our talent, and I'm lost.  So many things are running through my mind and I pray it's the ONLY gift He specifically tells us to give Him.  It's not time, talent, money, stuff, rides, sweeping the sanctuary floor or any of that, although they are good things to strive to do for Him.  We are told by His infallible word that He wants us to give Him our bodies as a living sacrifice.  He wants us to repent and believe so we can be with Him when this "life" is over.  Until we do this in truth and spirit, believe it with everything you have, all that time, money, sacrifices mean NOTHING.  They're like filthy rags to our Holy God.  

Our Eternal Citizenship

For we live in this world but we are not OF this world!




No comments:

Post a Comment