Saturday, June 17, 2017

SHARING THE GOSPEL OF SALVATION BY CHRIST JESUS - GRACE AMBASSADORS

Bernie Sanders vs. Justin Johnson


The original transcript taken from the conversation between Bernie Sanders and Russel Vought at his confirmation hearing for his nominated position in the Office of Management and Budget. Bernie’s statements have remained unchanged, but Vought’s have been replaced by my own responses. Bernie’s statements actually occured word for word, mine did not. I did not write anything in the publication called Resurgent, but would agree with the Vought’s statement.
Sanders: Let me get to this issue that has bothered me and bothered many other people. And that is in the piece that I referred to that you wrote for the publication called Resurgent. You wrote, “Muslims do not simply have a deficient theology. They do not know God because they have rejected Jesus Christ, His Son, and they stand condemned.” Do you believe that that statement is Islamophobic?
Me: Though my position in the office of management and budget would not include the propagation of my faith, thank you for asking about it. I thank God I live in a country where I won’t be crucified for talking about Christ. God is the Judge and has said that all men stand condemned. Even Christ himself died condemned for our sin…
Sanders: I apologize. Forgive me, we just don’t have a lot of time. Do you believe people in the Muslim religion stand condemned? Is that your view?
Me: Yes, you are right Senator. None of us have much time and without a Saviour we will all die in our sins. We will all be judged by Jesus Christ and all will face condemnation if they do not trust him to save them.
Sanders: I understand that. I don’t know how many Muslims there are in America. Maybe a couple million. Are you suggesting that all those people stand condemned? What about Jews? Do they stand condemned too?
Me: There are about 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. I am one of the 2.2 people who claim to be Christian. Regarding Jews…
Sanders (shouting): I understand you are a Christian, but this country are made of people who are not just — I understand that Christianity is the majority religion, but there are other people of different religions in this country and around the world. In your judgment, do you think that people who are not Christians are going to be condemned?
Me: I hope not, Senator. Will you help us tell them how to be saved from condemnation? I know we are short on time, but it only takes a minute.
God appeared to man in Jesus Christ fulfilling what the prophets wrote about him thousands of years earlier. Jesus Christ died for our sins and was the first to rise from the dead to offer salvation from all condemnation freely to any man who will trust his death for our sins, and his resurrection which promises eternal life to all that believe – even you Senator.
Sanders: You think your statement that you put into that publication, they do not know God because they rejected Jesus Christ, His Son, and they stand condemned, do you think that’s respectful of other religions?
Me: What I respect is God’s truth, the vows made to my wife, and the freedoms enshrined in the Constitution of this country. Muslims do reject Jesus as the Son of God as any Muslim will tell you if you were to ask them. I believe it is respectful to want all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth, and as you understand Senator, the truth is found in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Sanders: I would simply say, Mr. Chairman, that this nominee is really not someone who this country is supposed to be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment