Wednesday, March 22, 2017

ARE FAITH HEALERS TODAY OF GOD?

I am listening to Pastor McGee's sermon on Spirituality, Satanism, Demonism and Faith Healers and he mentioned something I had not thought of.  Today, there's many false prophets who have these mega-churches that claim to be able to heal.  To be honest, I've never bought into this new teaching BUT I do believe that God heals today but at His Will in order to show His sovereign rulership.  Like someone said, if miracles such as healing the blind, making paralyzed people walk happened everyday, they'd cease to be called miracles and become the norm.  I've seen people healed from cancer and other diseases without a medical explanation but nor did they attend any church or faith healing.  

In Matthew 24, a very prophetic end-times chapter, said that in the last days, there would be many who did lying signs and wonders that if it were possible, even the elect would be deceived.  Do not think that I don't believe God heals but as He is sovereign and with Him, all things are possible, and He will heal whom He chooses to show Himself to the world.  Prayer is all that's needed.  If it's His Will, you will be healed.  I also believe He uses doctors and medicine to heal, just as He uses us to do His Will on earth.  Please listen to the sermon that I posted and see if what he says doesn't line up with scripture.  

I don't know but most of these "faith healers" have been proven to be fakes.  Benny Hinn actually killed an elderly woman at one of his gatherings.  I sincerely believe that all you really need to do is pray and have others pray for you.  Trust Jesus Christ as He knows what you need most.  However, we are not promised divine protection as Christians.  Paul and Timothy both had physical ailments and back then, healings were very normal.  Jesus Christ heals us all when we are saved because we are given eternal life in Heaven.  We are all appointed to die once and God does not view death the way we do.  He sees us as coming home.  For those saved, we know they're with the Lord God Almighty and truly in a better place but we still miss them.  But it's only a moment in time until we are with them again but this time in a place where there is no more sickness, mourning or fear.

To me, this should be taught whenever we share the Gospel of Salvation by Grace.  If we've lost someone we love that we know went to be with Him, it should make us more willing to open our hearts and minds to the truth of the Bible and what is to come.  Don't miss out on the opportunity to be with Jesus Christ for eternity.  To me, that's worse than hell.  I also want to see my lost loved ones and my friends.  I simply cannot imagine a conscious life without God.  We live in a society that is almost Godless and it's not a good place so hell will be a whole lot worse than this.  Accept this free gift of eternal life now because no one is promised a tomorrow.  It may be too late.


PLAN OF SALVATION

First Corinthians 15:1-11
Ephesians 2:8-9
John 3:16-17
The 4 Gospels
Romans 3:23 and 6:23

We all have sinned and need our God and Savior, Christ Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment