Tuesday, October 25, 2016

WHAT WILL HE FIND?


Good morning;
While spending time in the Holy Ghost this morning, my Lord spoke to me and impressed upon me concerning faith and my own sometimes wobbly attempts in such. So I want to share a word on that and the scriptures He brought to me for today ….
“And He did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.” (Matthew 13:58).
Poor Nazareth. The people there took offense at their hometown prophet, Jesus, and as a result, Jesus couldn’t do much in that town “because of their unbelief.” Their lack of faith robbed them of Jesus’ “many mighty works” ….. Wouldn’t that be an awful thing to have said about your home, about your family, about you even? That “Jesus couldn’t do much in or through you because you didn’t believe Him” …. Have you ever wondered, ‘Lord, why don’t You do more in our church?’… Could it be because of unbelief?
Have you ever thought to yourself, ‘Why do you cause good things to happen in my friends’ life, but not mine?’… Could it be because your friend believes God more?
You may be a candidate for James’s blunt wisdom: “You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly” (James 4:2-3)
Faith is the key. God’s promises are activated by faith. Faith is not passive — it’s active. You cannot just stand there and say, “I’ll just wait over here. Maybe God will work; and maybe He won’t” ….


No comments:

Post a Comment