Tuesday, October 25, 2016

SONG OF THE DAY

Okay, so this too is a hymn but I really love this contemporary version by Chris Rice.  It is one of those songs that bring great joy yet makes me cry uncontrollably.  It was played at the most wonderful man in my life's funeral back in 1968.  To this day, I cannot stand the smell of carnations.  He was a GOOD man.  Not perfect but good.  I can't wait to see both of my grandparents again one day soon.  This is to honor the only man in my young life that actually cared about me more than anything.  Both were my anchors, my earthly port in the storm.  God knew what He was doing when He put me in that home.  So, here's to you PAPA, MURPHY HAYWOOD SCOGGINS!  You loved God and He called you home too soon for me.  Rest in peace and I will never ever forget you!


May the God of Grace Always Shine His Light on You!


You were so loved and missed, Papa!


No comments:

Post a Comment