Wednesday, October 19, 2016

THE GREAT COMMISSION OF JESUS CHRIST

 
THE GREAT COMMISSION OF JESUS CHRIST

The command of our Lord remains –

Matt. 28:
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

The characteristics of a disciple may be simply stated as:

• one who is assured of his salvation John 3:16 and is serving in the fullness of the indwelling Holy Spirit;

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:26-27

• one who is growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior.

" But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. 2 Pet.3:18; and

• one who shares Christ’s burden for the lost souls of men and women. Jesus said,

“ Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into his harvest." Mt.9:37-38 (See also: Mt. 20:1; Jn.4:35; Mk.16:15; Lk.10:2)

Paul describes the reality of taking up one’s cross and following the Lord:

" I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Gal.2:20

Jesus speaks:

" Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." John 14:12-13

Chaim
, least


No comments:

Post a Comment