Saturday, October 29, 2016

PRAY FOR THE CANDIDATES - BY KEVIN RIDDLE

I am like him, I do pray for the candidates but I also know I don't pray correctly.  We have to trust God on this one.  We need to pray hard and without ceasing for both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and most of all that God's will be done.  I know, it's hard to pray for one (at least in my humble opinion) but I (and you) need to remember that God is sovereign, the Creator of all things and although Hillary says we are a basket of deplorables and unredeemable, we know we are...and so is she.  We should never forget that.  And for those who judge the other, he made an outward confession of faith and whether you vote for him or not, as a Christian it is imperative that you pray, support and encourage him.  I have heard it said, I don't see the fruits.  He's a baby Christian and think back, how long did it take you?  God bless, please read and pray!


For Kings And All Who Are In Authority

Written by:  Keven Riddle on Google Plus

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. 2 Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. (1 Timothy 2:1-4 NLT)

We are coming down to the wire in our current presidential race as Election Day draws near. Soon enough we will know which candidate will be our next president. Whether it will be Clinton or Trump, I do not know. What I do know is that whoever is elected will be the leader of our nation and commander of our armed forces, and will be in a position of great power, a position requiring great wisdom. For this reason, we should be in prayer that God's will be done, both during the election process and in the presidency that follows.

God's word tells us that we should pray for all people and intercede for them, including those who are in authority. This is something I have fallen woefully short of. I simply do not often think of Obama or Clinton or Trump when I am in my prayer time... but I should. I should be interceding for the people in leadership over me whether I agree with their politics or not. God doesn't say pray for those you agree with; He says pray for all people. So whenever I go into my prayer closet I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide me into intercession and remind me of the burden upon whoever is in the Oval Office.

I tend to stay away from politics in conversation. Truthfully, I am not all that interested in politics most of the time. What I am interested in is obeying the Lord. I usually see our presidential races as a choice of the lesser of two evils, not really on board with either candidate. I do believe, however, that God is sovereign and whoever He wants in the White House will be there for His purposes. God raised up Pharaoh to show His power to Egypt and all the earth (Exodus 9:16) and also raised up Cyrus, a Medo-Persian king, to overthrow the Babylonians and allow the Jewish exiles to return to Jerusalem (Isaiah 44:28-45:13). Neither of these men were "God-fearing Christians", but God worked through both of them.

Admittedly, I have to pray more for those in authority and I call upon every believer to do the same. These men and women make choices that affect all of our lives and, whether we voted for them or not, they all need our prayers. Pray for wisdom and guidance for all those over us, from the city council all the way up to the president. Pray for the pastors and elders that oversee our churches. Let the people of God be people of faith, people of heartfelt intercession in obedience to the Lord. And let us faithfully pray for the peace of Jerusalem and the return of our Lord, Jesus Christ. 


God Bless and No Matter Who Wins....

SPREAD THE GOOD NEWS OF JESUS CHRIST

First Corinthians 15:1-4

There is much more information at the bottom of my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment