Friday, September 23, 2016

WORD OF TRUTH LIGHTHOUSE - BY: JULIE COHICK

" JESUS, the AUTHOR and FINISHER of our Faith "




   What is faith and where does it come from ?  GOD's WORD has a great definition for faith in the book of Hebrews Chapter 1 vs.1& 2 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen. For by it (faith) the elders obtained a good testimony.
  

   Without faith, in our everyday lives, we could not exist. Think about all the things that you just take for granted, everyday, that just work. You sit on human made chairs and by faith you plop down on them never giving it a thought that they may collapse under your weight. You drive over bridges, also man made, and never give it any thought that the bridge may collapse under your car. I'm not a person that likes heights. Now I have flown from PA to LA and back, in beautiful weather, and I was blessed to get the window seat during certain parts of the flight. My nose was glued to the window. I thought I would be afraid to be up that high, but the sun and the clouds were so beautiful, I couldn't take my eyes off of them. Coming home, I landed in Phila.at night and as we circled to land the first thing I thought of was that Phila.looked like a huge Christmas Tree from the air. The lights of the city from that height was breathtaking.  But I have an awful fear of going up in a skyscraper, you know, one of those with the windows that go all the way from the floor to the ceiling. I can sit here, in my chair, and think about walking up to the window, with the toes of my shoes touching the window, and looking down I start to break out in a sweat and get dizzy, just thinking about it. So faith is a part of every ones daily life.

To Finish Reading, Click Here



No comments:

Post a Comment