Tuesday, September 20, 2016

QUESTION ABOUT BAPTISM...

I have been to churches that say baptism is necessary for salvation in order for "remission of sins."  That's the whole purpose of Baptism.  I've been baptized.  I wanted to be but I never thought my salvation depended on it nor did I believe that I must be baptized to receive the Holy Spirit as the Bible says it's a free gift upon salvation AND it was the Holy Spirit that led me to be baptized.  How could the Holy Spirit lead me if I didn't have Him?  

My question then is, if baptism is for REMISSION OF SIN and to be SAVED, why did Christ Jesus get baptized?  He was sin-free, pure, innocent, no blemishes.  He is God.  Why then was He, of all men, need to be baptized?  Just curious.  I'd love to have an answer!  God bless you all.


- - - - - PLAN OF SALVATION - - - - -

First Corinthians 15:1-4

1 comment: