Saturday, September 24, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVID

Dear David,



Today you are finally once again a year older than me.  I'm the "younger" woman once again.  I look back over the past 28 years, 15 days and well, 1 hour right now (we didn't get pronounced husband and wife until 10:30 pm), and wonder how we made it.  I'd been married and abandoned twice before that.  I had 3 little kids.  Our beginning wasn't perfect. As years went by, we went through something no parents should ever have to go through, we've seen our family devastated twice by suicides, we've been "victims" of a very corrupt system.  By all odds, we shouldn't be together.  Yet here we are.  

When I married you, I made a decision that I know made the difference...I pledged my love to you on the altar of God.  I promised to love and honor you.  I promised you honesty and loyalty.  Okay, one out of two ain't bad, lol.  I wish I could say I've never lied but I can't.  No marriage can survive complete honesty anymore.  We should but things are different now. We've progressed to where honesty, loyalty, integrity and until death do us part has become until I find someone better.  That breaks down honesty, loyalty and integrity right there.

After all we've endured, we are still together, had a lot of laughs at Medea tonight, and you had to put up with a wife who is NOT happy tonight!  I have nothing to give you just like on our anniversary 15 days ago.  So tonight, in front of God and my new family in Christ, I promise to love, honor and cherish you for the rest of my life.  You are not perfect, you are perfect for me!  I am convinced that my oath to God on His altar made the difference.  It's why tonight instead of pouring the drink on your head, I kissed it instead.  It's why I'll be here tomorrow, and 20 years if God allows us that much time.  Come, grow old with me, the best is yet to be!  I love you.  I do, David, I do!

Love,
Brenda


3 comments:

  1. yes, the best you can give your husband David is LOVE and SUPPORT, because our Lord and Savior JESUS never celebrated His birthday, so why should we?

    Congratulations with the fact that you're marriage is still intact and praise JESUS for that.

    Birthday Origins & History with Bibical references

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. No cake, no celebration, just time well spent and enjoyed. We love each other. That's all we need. Gifts grow old or get lost but our love, it's forever! We enjoyed a meal and a movie. I no longer celebrate Christmas. I do, however, celebrate Hannakuh! God bless you! BTW, David chose to spend his day with me, I actually gave him the choice of a night without me, lol but again, he chose me! Thanks Hans and MUCH LOVE IN CHRIST JESUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having told me this and the God-Lord JESUS and His salvation is our greatest gift, and He's with us forever and we with Him, our creator and redeemer.

    Love in JESUS!

    ReplyDelete