Wednesday, April 18, 2018

MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS ON GRACE AND WORKS SALVATION, CONVICTIONS AND OTHER BIBLICAL/SPIRITUAL THINGS

For years I believed that we had to answer an altar call and say "The Sinner's Prayer" to be saved.  I never believed that baptism is necessary for salvation but nor do I think it is in any way wrong, heretical, or blasphemy.  It is a good way to make a public confession of the change of heart and conversion to Christ Jesus.  How many of you have said the "Sinner's Prayer" at an altar call?  I have many times and I was so ignorant of the Word of God that I actually believed Jesus Christ told us to do this and say that prayer.  I promise you it is nowhere in the Bible.  Now, some pastors say that altar calls are wrong and unBiblical but I believe you could be in the bathroom and if the Holy Spirit convicts you, you can be born again right then and there.  God is everywhere, even in your bathroom (and I am NOT being disrespectful either) so you can repent right then and there and be saved for eternity.  There is one way to be saved and only one way...

"For ye are saved by grace through faith and not of yourselves.  It is a gift of God.  Not of works, lest any man should boast."  Ephesians 2:8-9

JESUS CHRIST PAID YOUR SIN DEBT IN FULL...PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE...ON THE CROSS.  HE WAS THE LAST SACRIFICIAL LAMB AND NOW ALL OF YOUR SINS ARE COVERED BUT OF COURSE YOU MUST HAVE SAVING FAITH.  WORKS DON'T SAVE YOU, AID TO YOUR SALVATION BUT ARE A RESULT OF SALVATION.  WHAT ARE GOOD WORKS?  YOUR MONEY?  TIME?  FAITH?  I BELIEVE IT'S THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT.  OF COURSE IT IS GOOD TO GIVE OUR MONEY TO HELP OTHERS, BUILD HOUSES FOR THE POOR, EVEN RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS BUT IF YOU'RE DOING THEM TO SAY "LOOK AT HOW GOOD I AM" THEN THAT'S PRIDE AND SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS.  SOMETIMES DOING THE RIGHT THING HURTS.  MAYBE YOU GIVE MONEY AND YOU DON'T FEEL ALL THAT GREAT ABOUT IT OR GET A BLESSING.  GOD DOESN'T OWE YOU ANYTHING AND MAYBE THE BLESSING WAS FOR THE OTHER PERSON.  EVEN HEATHENS GIVE TO BE REWARDED.  EXPECT NOTHING IN RETURN AND DON'T EXPECT GOD TO BE YOUR BANKER OR YOU WILL BE BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED ALTHOUGH I CANNOT DENY THAT HE SOMETIMES DOES BLESS US FINANCIALLY BUT PERSONALLY, I LOVE HIS BLESSINGS LIKE HEARING FROM A LOVED ONE, A PROBLEM IN YOUR LIFE DISAPPEARING OR ANYTHING BUT MONEY TO BE MORE MEANINGFUL THAN A FINANCIAL BLESSING BUT I ALSO APPRECIATE HIS FINANCIAL BLESSINGS BECAUSE IT IS ALWAYS RIGHT ON TIME.  IT IS PERFECT!

We are saved by believing that Jesus paid our past, present and future sin debt on that cross and His blood is sufficient for salvation.  Salvation by grace alone; through faith alone; through Christ Jesus alone is the Gospel of the death, burial and resurrection and ultimate ascension into Heaven is what saves us.  

First Corinthians 15:1-11; John 3:16-17; Acts 8:37 (KJV BIBLE ONLY); Romans 3:23 and 6:23.  Also, the Apostle Paul says that "Should we sin so that grace may abound?  God forbid!  BUT when we DO sin, we have ONE mediator between God and man and that is the Man Jesus Christ."  He's not denying His divinity here but rather His fleshly death on the. Cross and God raising Him from the dead is the only one who can forgive us.

We cannot do anything in these sinful, fleshly bodies to please God.  Our works are as of filthy rags to God.  We can build hospitals, feed the poor, find homes/jobs for the homeless, give money to a church but they cannot save you or add to your salvation.  Also, if we don't share the Gospel with those we're helping, we're no different than the heathens.  That's what sets us apart.  Yes, care about their physical needs but their salvation is our first priority.

  James talks about "faith without works is dead faith."  I'm not a Biblical scholar and this is just my POV but as I understand it, what he is talking about is that if after salvation, we don't show any fruits of it NOT to be saved but because of salvation.  If we don't change our hearts and minds to Spiritual things but say that since you said a prayer asking Jesus to save you that that's all, then your salvation was not saving faith but rather false conversion.  You can't serve God in Spirit and truth and remain in WILLFUL sin.  However, justification is instantaneous but sanctification is a lifelong process.  He'll finish what He started.  If you're addicted to something, He won't force you to stop but He will help you IF you allow Him.  He will never force Himself on you or mess with your free will.  Oh, and I do not believe medicine, even if it's a narcotic, is a sin unless you abuse it, misuse it or take it if you don't need it.  Just don't let it control you.  I do not believe God wants His people to suffer needlessly.  Actually, marijuana is one of the best drugs because it helps cancer patients with both pain and nausea; helps slow down or stop glaucoma and for those suffering from severe anxiety because of PTSD (esp. veterans), it can change their lives.  We are to end suffering, not cause it.  I don't care much for marijuana and never have but it's going to be legal for recreational use in all 50 states before long.  Just like gay marriage, don't get caught up in that worldly nonsense.  God is the one who makes marriages.  Even us old married couples that have a marriage license, all it is is an earthly contract and has nothing to do with what God said a marriage is.  Gays can have all the contracts on earth they want and man may call it a real marriage but that is not what God said marriage is.  It is between one man and one woman.  I do resent that most of our churches are bowing down to the world's demands by marrying homosexuals and compromising God's Word.  I can't find a church that preaches the truth (well, that's debatable) yet always gay marriages as well as gays in leadership roles.  We shouldn't be conformed to this world.  That doesn't mean we should hate homosexuals, bully them nor ever kill them but nor should we make them feel better by giving your approval either.  The same with liars, thieves, murderers, etc.  Sin is sin is sin.  Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.  Love them by telling them the truth about the Gospel of Salvation and that once saved, they will naturally lose their lusts IF they are truly saved.  So, they won't give up anything they want.  They will overcome.

For example, what if you're addicted to drugs.  When you are addicted to ANYTHING, that has control over you and you are powerless.  You do not have to be "clean" or free from addictions to be saved.  In fact, that's when you SHOULD get saved.  The Holy Spirit will finish the good work He starts in you.  Be not deceived by these charismatic and Pentacostals who say if you are not healed right then and there, it's because "you don't trust Jesus enough" either.  Now, I had one of the most vulgar mouths in the world.  I couldn't say a sentence without using horrible curse words at least 3 or 4 times and I was healed almost instantly.  Of course I occasionally slip up but I stopped cursing.  I made up some funny words not long ago that are silly and not sinful at all to say if I stub my toe.  The Bible says to stay away from filthy language but I'm not sure that most "curse words" are actually a sin but I feel when we talk trash and then spread the Gospel, they're going to view us as hypocrites.  We are set apart and shouldn't be of this world.  As for my own personal conviction, I don't think using that kind of language constantly is being a good representative of our King.  I also heard another man say he was convicted of Coke.  You're probably thinking of course he should be but he was speaking of the drink, not the powder, lol.  He said he felt like he needed it too much.  He also said he drinks one on occasion but he didn't want anything to have power over him except God.  So you could be convicted of certain foods, clothes you wear, just about anything but because you were convicted of it doesn't mean it's wrong for others.  We are all different.  Other than known sins like lying, stealing, adultery, homosexuality, etc., Jesus Christ is your personal God and He alone knows what may be hindering you but not your best friend.  So be careful about judging others who do things you were convicted of because it may not be a problem for them.  We all have personal things in our life that the Holy Spirit will put in your heart to stop doing.  I can watch some TV shows and movies but although I haven't been convicted of it, my desire to watch all but a few shows, I lost the desire to watch them.  I subscribe to PureFlix and I watch that a lot.  I also like "The Big Bang Theory."  It sounds wrong but it has nothing to do with that nor is it an anti-God show.  The name throws you and I'm also grounded enough in the Word of God that when I do hear this atheistic nonsense, I roll my eyes and let it pass right over me.  I have found that some, not all, Biblical movies on TV or in theaters are worse than an R rated worldly movie.  The movie "Noah" is a prime example.  I have never seen a Bible-based movie so full of errors in my life.  Of course I know the truth about the flood but my fear is that so many are influenced by these shows and movies that they'll believe the movie version over the Word of God.  

I just felt like sharing my thoughts and I enjoy writing.  I'm determined to write a book and I've already got the plot in my head.  I don't write formally on here because this is brother/sister to brother/sister.  So, I'm practicing on you.  Of course it will be a Bible based Christian fictional book.  Also, if I said anything wrong or misinterpreted the Word, please feel free to correct me.  More later!

Much love in Christ Jesus and love Him and others in return for love is the greatest gift and the 2 greatest commandments!




No comments:

Post a Comment