Saturday, March 3, 2018

JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

I apologize for not knowing where many scriptures are and that I may not be able to quote them verbatim but I always strive to get it as close to perfect as one can.  I love the Gospels, you know the ones...Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.  That reminds me of something funny someone asked my husband about a year ago.  He wanted to know why all of Jesus's disciples had "American" names, lol.  Honestly, I thought there were no such thing as stupid questions but that one kinda floored me just a bit.  As you well know, Jesus is not the "real" name of our Savior, it's Yeshua ah Messiach or Jesus is the Messiah.  In fact, Yeshua actually means "salvation" in Aramaic, the most ancient form of Hebrew and the language of Jesus.  The fact is, the name "Jesus" has absolutely no meaning in English.  It's the English version of the Greek name Joshua, which also means "salvation."  Give this a try, read a Psalm that has the word "salvation" in it, read it and insert Yeshua rather than salvation and it's amazing what you see.  In fact, whenever you read the name Jesus, say salvation instead.  I can't prove this but I believe King David KNEW Jesus Christ intimately.  I don't know how or why or even if I'm right but if you read his writings, he seemed to know Him in ways we don't.  That's just my POV and not Gospel truth.  It IS okay to have theories.  It's good to meditate on scripture.  That's how the Holy Spirit is able to lead us into all truth.  He can't work in us if we don't study to show ourselves approved.

Okay, so here's something I am going to ask you to give some thought to.  Have you ever sat down, be silent and in a very quiet place, either in your mind and heart or in reality and counted the cost of discipleship and what you are actually willing to lose to stay in the faith and never leave?  I have and it's not as easy as you think.  What would I give up?  In the end, everything.  I'd give up money, security, my family (which most of them have walked away due to my choice as they make so many assumptions), my dogs and even my husband.  I admit I stumbled on that until I believe the Holy Spirit led me to the verse "what God has joined together, no man can tear asunder."  Marriage is a sacred covenant between God, the man and woman.  He would never ask you to break a promise so that is a nonissue.  I love my dogs dearly but not more than Yeshua Messiah.  God, my David, my home and responsibilities, the needs of others, my country, my neighbors and the first 2 come first always.



Maybe you love your car or healthy bank account.  Maybe you live in a beautiful home, full of gold and silver with the most beautiful scenery ever.  You have need of nothing but everything you want.  Do you share with the less fortunate or reserve only 10% to give to a church that preaches a different Gospel and buys planes but can't help the homeless.  Are you partaking of their sins by enabling them?  Who do YOU think God would prefer you to give your money to and 10% to the dime?  Do you judge those who beg for money and give them a bottle water or money?  Even if you're right and they are drug addicts, do they not deserve to eat or sleep somewhere safe?  "Be wary of how you treat strangers as you may be entertaining angels unawares."  Guess who said that?  Yes, Yeshua Messiah.

He also said that where your treasure is, there's where your heart is.  Money is the root of all evils.  He turned over the tables of the moneychangers.  He said the woman who only gave 2 mites gave more than the Pharisees who gave a lot because it was all she had.  Last thing, it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.  Were these suggestions or did He mean them?  Do they apply to you or did He give you a free pass?  He told me to deny myself, pick up my cross and follow Him.  I don't think He meant that, I KNOW He meant that.  We may not be asked to give it up but what if we are?  That house and car, the healthy bank account and stocks and bonds can disappear in the blink of an eye.  A hurricane, stock market crash, EMP, war, other natural disasters can take away everything you have.  Do you really think your insurance is going to replace what you lost?  What if you lost someone or a beloved pet?  

Well, this may be asked of you.  If you lose everything you have on earth, who would you turn to and would He know your name?  Think about it.



God bless you and much love in Christ Yeshua...love back in His Holy Name!
Put your treasure where moths and rust cannot destroy and can't wait to meet you one glorious day  when He returns for us...His Bride so let's be pure!

First Corinthians 15:1-11


No comments:

Post a Comment