Sunday, February 11, 2018

I WAS JUST THINKING OF THE "RAPTURE" THEORY AND DID THE EARLY CHURCH TEACH IT

Written by:  Brenda Alexander
February 11, 2018

I've been wanting to pray to ask God if He would please tell me if the pre-tribulation rapture is true and, if so, when did the Church start preaching it.  Now, I haven't asked yet and so have not received an answer.  Well, maybe I have asked but it came to mind I always said, "I know you probably won't but..." or any other negative term thinking there was no way God will tell me such a thing.  I felt like I was crossing a very clear boundary.  DON'T GO THERE!  

Why would God not confirm His Word for me?  Be it true or not isn't the point here, it's about how we pray and how it may be affecting it.  Do we pray with a "why NOT me, Lord?" attitutude?  I notice I don't most of the time.  Are my doubts, fears and worries keeping me from the riches of His glory?  Whether the rapture is right is irrelevant here.  Let's say it is and the Bible certainly does not dismiss it, would He NOT want us to know?  He's not going to give us the day nor hour but would He keep us ignorant?

Now most people who don't hold to this blame it on the Roman Catholic Church when a certifiable insane woman claimed to have a vision of the rapture, told her priest and the Vatican accepted it as truth.  That's just one of various theories.  Many who ascribe to a pre-trib rapture, say it was taught from the beginning only it was called "Our Blessed Hope."  I've read these scriptures and what Paul describes hardly sounds "hopeful" if we have to go through the tribulation but in Christ we have GREAT hope, regardless of the trials and struggles on earth.  

I have learned one thing about the rapture...there is going to be one.  Once we get caught up in the clouds, the other is when Jesus Christ returns to earth.  It could be 2 separate events or one right after the other.  We don't know but we are NOT appointed to wrath.  The Church will be removed before the wrath of God is poured out on this unbelieving, ungodly world.  That is a direct scripture.  So argue over the timing all you want, I'm going to pray for the best and be ready for anything and keep my feet moving forward and my eyes in the sky.  

Join me this week in praying only positive prayers with the expectation of being answered.  Don't let your doubts cast shadows on them.  Pray with thanksgiving, joy and with a joyful heart.  No matter our struggles, it's only a moment in time and what is that when compared to eternity?  Let's see if our prayers aren't heard and answered, even if the answer is NOT YET!  God bless you!




No comments:

Post a Comment