Thursday, January 18, 2018

SHARING GOD'S BLESSINGS IN MY LIFE!

The past two days have been so blessed and I just want to share how awesome our Father in Heaven, YHWY, truly is.  He is merciful, compassionate, and bestows on His children wonderful gifts.  He is always faithful to supply our needs but He gives us things we want for His pleasure.  

First of all, you know my beloved min pin, Coqi, passed away about 6 months ago.  At that time, I did not think it wise to get a new dog right away.  My husband insisted he did not ever want another dog and for a while, that was okay.  However, lately I'd been thinking of getting one but I don't buy dogs but I would rescue one.  God had other plans and I admit I lied to and manipulated my husband when I was offered an 8 week old chihuahua.  Our dog, Cooper, is a Pomchi, a designer breed now that can be registered and the puppies sell for $1500 and up.  Now, we didn't pay a dime but wouldn't take a million for him now.  I don't have any pictures of him on my computer but this one I found on Google looks almost identical to my Coop!


However, the one below of my new puppy is really her.  My husband took it last night.  He was very insistent on only having one dog so when out of the blue, I called a friend and come to find out he was looking for a good home for my new fur baby.  I knew if I asked David, he'd say no so I sinned and told him I was pet sitting for a few months.  The fact is, we've played this game before when I wanted a dog and he said no, he always fell in love with them within 10 minutes.  I knew he would this time too but I thought it would take at least a few weeks or a month as chihuahuas are not on his list of favorite dogs.  Well, the minute he saw her, he held her and it was love from then on.  I confessed that I lied to him and manipulated him but he said he already knew that, he just wanted me to confess it.  Her full name is Suzanne Nicole "Biscuit" Alexander.  I named her after my 2 oldest daughters (it's their middle names) and will use that when she needs to know she's doing something wrong, like trying to escape.  She walked in and made herself right at home.  She and Cooper get along great except he is acting a little ticked off at me but he'll be fine.  It's how much she loves David that surprised me!  She laid by his side the whole night.  That doesn't mean she didn't take to me equally but I thought she'd be scared and upset, being in a new place.  She was shaking like a leaf in the hall but once she walked in our apt, she made it her home.  She has shown no signs of being homesick, scared or upset.  I knew God would give me the right dog at the right time.  I didn't go looking for her, in fact a new dog was not even on my mind but yet here she is.  One of my oldest and dearest friends, Millie, suggested the name Biscuit and it fits.  God gave me the right dog at the best possible time.  That's the NEXT blessing.


Isn't she adorable?  She is so small she could fit in my pocket.  I bet she doesn't weight a pound.  Also, the reason I chose the name "Biscuit" is because she's almost as small as one and she is the color of a beautifully baked biscuit.  See...


The second blessing is that by the grace of God, he received a very nice bonus at work today.  I'm not going to say how much as I don't brag or boast in material things but supposedly he was a little short on the points he needed in order to receive this bonus but a miracle occurred and he made it almost to the exact number needed.  This is an ongoing bonus that deals with surveys and he gets paid a certain amount if he gets 50 with 9s or 10s over 3 months.  He is a very ethical worker, especially when car mechanics and service writers (which is his job, not a mechanic) are looked at with skepticism.  He doesn't cheat anybody and has been known to pay if someone is short.  He is well loved and respected at his job.  Pray for him as he is a newborn in Christ Jesus but I am seeing fruits of salvation.  I never ask God for financial blessings.  He is not my banker but yet I knew He was going to make this happen.  I'm telling you those who think you have to give any amount of money in order to get money from God, you are thinking wrong.  He is not your banker and you give without expectations of getting a dime back.  Seek NO reward and whatever you do, do it anonymously.  We give when we can, even if it's just a dollar and we always get blessed.  Sometimes it IS financial but I personally love the blessings of non-material things much better.  However, we were in need of this and I just trusted Jesus Christ with this.  If it was His will, fine.  We really didn't expect it.  Yet I was at peace and just knew we would.  David didn't believe me but I trusted Him.  We need brakes on our car bad and couldn't afford it.  I need some clothes and other items.  We also never have money to give back or do anything fun.  We don't like movies or theme parks but now we can go see Winter and Hope, the dolphins rescued in Clearwater and the movies A Dolphin's Tale 1 and 2 were made about them.  Good movies.  Very family-friendly.  We got about $1500.  That is how great our God is.  We have enough to get what we need and a few things we want.  I give Him all the glory.  BTW, we were only expecting $1200.  That may not sound like much but to us, now we will have money to put back for emergencies and stop having to live paycheck to paycheck.  I'm trusting Him that he'll get the next one too but, if not, that's fine with me.  Please do not think I'm boasting in myself, I am praising God and giving HIM every bit of the glory.  I'm telling you this because through my story, maybe you will learn that putting your trust and faith in Christ is not just something to say but to do.  He WILL give you peace.  Boast in Him alone for everything you have is a gift from God.  Be good stewards.  God bless you all and love in Christ Jesus.


THIS IS HIS GREATEST GIFT TO US...NEVER FORGET THAT!

First Corinthians 15:1-4
Ephesians 2:8-9
John 3:16-17
Acts 8:37

THE CROSS OF SALVATION!

+
+
+
+ + + + + + +
+
+
+


No comments:

Post a Comment