Wednesday, January 24, 2018

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE - WARNING, IT'S A BIT POLITICAL

When I started this blog, I determined that it was not be a political blog by any means, even though we were in the heat of the biggest political storm this country has ever seen.  We had two candidates that were either loved or hated and now we are a country divided.  Jesus Christ said...a house divided against itself cannot stand.  

I also know many think we are in the end times.  At times I'm sure of it, other times I'm not.  I don't know, don't pretend to know and I sure don't set dates (and I strongly advise you not to either).  Ultimately, only YHWY knows.  Jesus Christ is coming back and if I had to guess, I'd say it's within the next 25 years BUT that's my POV and by no means a revelatory statement.  God does not speak audibly to me but He did tell us we could discern the season.  I think we're in that season for many reasons because of prophecy foretold in the Canon.  

By the way, before i get into my "political" talk, I want to know how many of you have studied up on the Bible?  Why were Matthew, Mark, Luke and John the only Gospels put in the Canon?  An atheist will say because the others contradicted them but not so.  It was determined solely on how close they were written to the time of Jesus Christ's resurrection.  It's an interesting study and it tells you how they came to the conclusion they were "inspired" writings.  I never knew how they could tell but they could.  Also, watch Lee Stroebel's A Case for Christ on YouTube and others who were rabid atheists who are now Christian Apologetists (sp).  

Okay, history lesson.  How many of you believe or were taught to think that the term "Separation of Church and State" is in the U.S. Constitution?  Well, it probably depends on your age and where/how you were educated.  I was taught it was in the Constitution or at least led to believe that it was.  However, it is not.  It was written by Thomas Jefferson to a Baptist Church affirming that the state nor federal government would infringe upon their right to worship whoever they wished.  It was for the Church's sake, not the state or federal government.  

So, you will come across this if you get into any debates with atheists, especially today's generation.  Google the U.S. Constitution, know your rights and exercise them freely and without fear.  Worship as you so choose.  It is your right and if you want to spread the Gospel, go for it.  It IS our great commission.  God knows the atheists sure push their "secular" humanist views on us.  We have standards, morals and values?  Really, what do they have except do what feels good?  Well, what if it feels good to me to beat their heads in with a sledge hammer?  Would that be good or evil?  You decide!  God bless and Thou Shalt Not Kill!


No comments:

Post a Comment