Monday, January 15, 2018

IS JOHN MACAUTHUR A FALSE PROPHET? VIDEO

Please do not think I am calling him a false prophet or wolf.  Honestly, I've not listened to many of his sermons.  I have noticed that no matter who you listen to, someone has them on a list of false prophets/teachers or outright wolves.  The author of this video is making his own assumption that there will be no pre-tribulation rapture.  According to CARM.org, any viewpoint held on pre-trib, mid-trib, pre-wrath or the 2nd Coming of Christ Jesus does not go against the Scripture. The issue is, none of us know for 100% sure.  While I tend to hold to a pre-wrath rapture, I do not discount a pre-tribulation rapture in any way.  In fact, I pray for it.  

When I read 1st Thessalonians 4, it sounds to me as if Paul is speaking of a very loud, and visible return of Jesus Christ in the air.  However, I also see patterns in the OT that foreshadow a rapture -- or being caught up in the clouds -- is clearly seen as in the case of Enoch and Elijah.  The point I'm trying to make is this, there's still a very large part of me that does believe in the pre-trib POV but what I am absolutely positive the Scriptures say is that "we (the Church) are NOT appointed to wrath."  Therefore saying that the "rapture" will occur pre-wrath does not exclude any other theories on this Biblical promise.  At some point, the Church is going to be taken out of this world before God pours out His wrath on the world.  Also worth noting here is that the word "world" is most often used in Scripture as the unbelievers.  You have to read the verses/chapters in context to discern if He is speaking of the world in a general sense like His creation or unbelievers.  

"For instance, for God so loved the WORLD, that He gave His only Begotten Son that whosoever shall believeth on Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16."



Obviously this is speaking of the world in general and not just believers as He is speaking of reconciling all of us to Him and calling us all to belief and accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord God and Savior. The context of this chapter is clear.  Of course, this is my opinion.  Another verse/chapter that is clearly speaking of the "world" as those who do NOT believe in Christ Jesus is this one.

John 15:18-25 (KJV which is the only translation I use or is needed)

18If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 21But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. 23He that hateth me hateth my Father also. 24If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. 25But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.


So we can see clearly in these verses that Jesus Christ is speaking about the world as unbelievers.  You must read everything in context and not take random verses of the Bible to live by.  Fruits can mean a literal piece of fruit but most of the time, fruits mean actions, deeds or works.  

I'm hoping some of you are more familiar with John MacAuthur than I am and can shed some light onto this but here is another video I found where he is being interviewed about his belief that we can take the MOB (mark of the beast) and still be saved.  One of the reasons he is called a false prophet is his belief in a pre-tribulation rapture.  Many pastors do and CARM.org, a reputable site on Christian Apologetics, goes through the Scripture and says the Bible upholds all views of when the rapture will occur.  Notice I said when, not if.  The Word clearly teaches there will be one, we just argue over the timing but we know for sure by the Apostle Paul that "we are not appointed to God's wrath."  So it will be either before the tribulation begins or at some point before God's wrath is poured out.  Since this isn't a salvation issue, rather than fighting about it, shouldn't we be in the business of leading the lost to salvation?  While I think we are very close to the MOB, it's not here yet.  Let's watch and work as commanded, pray for the best but be ready for what God has already predetermined.  Our POV isn't going to change God's timing.  If you're ready then you have no need to worry.  If you're unsure, it's time to make sure and if you're NOT ready, today is THE day of Salvation.   Jesus Christ is that narrow door in which we come to the Father.  There is no other way and is universal in that it is for the entire world to accept.  It matters not what race, sex, religious affiliation, national origin or age.  It's an open invitation to every man, woman and child ever born or will be born.  No one is forbidden.  No other "religion" teaches this except Christianity.  We don't have rituals, special days we must celebrate nor idols to worship.  We don't pray to saints, confess our sins to a man and if we can't get baptized, our God is not so petty that He would keep us from Heaven for being unable to get baptized.  Did the thief on the cross get baptized?  No but Jesus Christ assured him he'd be with Him.  Would God put a yoke on us that some would not be able to do in a matter as important to Him as our very salvation? What about those bedridden, in places where there is no water?  There is but one way to salvation and that's Jesus Christ did it all and nothing you do (or don't do) can prevent or aid in your salvation "for it is by faith ye are saved and not of yourselves.  It is a gift of God.  Not of works lest any man should boast," Ephesians 2:8-9.  However, there is nothing wrong with being baptized as I do believe it's an act of obedience. I chose to be baptized for that reason.  I was not going to be openly defiant to Him just because it wasn't necessary.  Why else would we be told to?  First Corinthians teaches that only by believing that Christ was crucified, buried, and rose again on the 3rd day and to trust alone that Jesus Christ did everything required to pay our sin debt can we be saved.  Good works always follow those who are truly born again.  

Here is the interview with John MacAuthur on his POV about the mark of the beast and can it be forgiven.  He uses that the Bible does not say it's the "unpardonable sin" but I think it most definitely is.  We rejected His free offer of salvation for the last time and thus there is no more forgiveness for those in that time.  For us, it is the refusal to the death to accept Him.  You listen and decide for yourself if what he says lines up with the very words of Jesus Christ or not and then ask yourself this, are you willing to take the chance of MacAuthur's POV against the Bible?  As for me and my house, we will trust in the Word of God.



PRAY WITHOUT CEASING THAT YE NEVER BE DECEIVED FOR THERE ARE WOLVES SEEKING TO DEVOUR AND DESTROY YOU.


No comments:

Post a Comment