Thursday, December 14, 2017

WE ALL HAVE GOD-GIVEN GIFTS OF TALENT - USE THEM TO HIS GLORY & I NEED FEEDBACK

I want to be a writer...a published writer but not for money, fame or glory but for Him.  So, you're my practice family.  I'm going to write and I want honest, constructive criticism as well as anything good.  This isn't one of those "do I look fat in these jeans" type of question.  The only way I'll improve is to know how well (or bad) I am and what I need to fix.  As long as your feedback is to help me, you cannot possibly hurt my feelings.  Will I be disappointed?  I don't know, but if so, it will be in myself.  However, I've always felt unworthy and without any talents.  I'm really hard on myself.  Ir seems my sister got the majority of the talent "genes" and while not "proud" in an unGodly way, I am very proud that my sister is one fantastic artist and whatever she does, it's almost perfect.  She makes stained glass that is as good, if not better, than anything Tiffany ever did.  She's an amazing woman.  However, I write better AND I have one very unique God-given talent (I boast only in the gifts God has given me, not myself) and that's I can take random ingredients and make a recipe.  

For example, because of my David's quad bypass, he has be careful what he eats and hamburger just isn't good for anybody but so many great recipes call for it.  Well, we're poor.  We eat too much junk but God has now provided us with a way to get healthier food.  He is amazing.  Well, I HATE turkey.  I don't like it ground, whole or sandwich meat.  I think it is nasty.  However, my David breathing is far more important than my taste buds.  Instead of making hamburgers, I started making turkey burgers.  David raved about how good they were.  Honestly, in my heart I know he was just trying not to hurt my feelings but no need.  It is no reflection on me if a particular food tastes like it came from a dumpster, lol.  I also think he was trying to sort of talk himself into liking it.  Finally, I'd had it.  The next time he asked for burgers, it was gonna be hamburger or nothing.  If I put another slimy, nasty turkey thing in my mouth, it was going to come back out.  Well, God gifted me with these 2 things...creativity and imagination.  He also gifted me with the ability and love of cooking and baking with a BONUS of making up recipes.  Some are good, some not as good but it's healthy, edible and cheap.  I want to share a very simple recipe I made and because turkey is healthier and much cheaper than hamburger, I got desperate to find a way to make it taste better.  There's 3 different recipes here so if you so choose to try it, taste is not absolute truth.  I can't promise you that YOU will like it but we do.  If David likes it, anybody will, lol.  He is THE pickiest eater in the world. I have to hide vegetables.  I'm also gifted with a sense of humor (glory be to God for this) and I think he's afraid if he eats a "vegetable," he is committing cannibalism and could be eating one of his relatives.  That is JUST a joke.  He's one smart man.  

So I am going to make a post shortly of some recipes I made.  I will be sharing more the closer to Christmas on what to do with leftovers when you're so sick of 'em you want to throw them out.  I hope you enjoy.  God bless you all.



"For it is not God's will that any man should perish but that all come to repentance"

God's Perfect Plan of Salvation

Yeshua ah Messiach died on the cross to save you from your sins. You can't earn, buy it and no one deserves it. "For we are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves.  It is a GIFT of GOD.  Not of works lest any man should boast."

THE CROSS SAVED AND THE GRAVE, WHERE IS THEY STING?  DEATH, WHERE IS THE VICTORY?  YESHUA OVERCAME DEATH AND HELL WHEN HE ROSE FROM THE GRAVE. IT IS THE POWER OF SALVATION!


Share the Good News of Jesus Christ and be bold!  Do not back down or compromise His Holy Word!

First Corinthians 15:1-11 (esp. 1-4)
Acts 8:37 (if not in your Bible, you have a false Bible)
John 3:16-17
John 1:1
John 1:14
Ephesians 2:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment