Friday, June 2, 2017

THE ART OF PRAYING

I don't know if you've ever felt this way, that you don't know what to pray an feel that God isn't listening.  Our prayers feel like rituals and meaningless.  We say what we think He wants to hear and we honor Him with our lips but our heart just isn't in it.  We feel like we're in a Spiritual valley, that He has forsaken us or He's just too busy to listen.  BTW, I read a wonderful article from a very credible site that said this is the life of a "normal" Christian.  We have fears, doubts, worries and even question our faith.  I thought it was just me and whenever I felt this way, I was so ashamed and didn't dare want you guys to know I was feeling this so I played the part or else I disappeared because I couldn't be a hypocrite and pretend to be "on fire" when I was anything but.  I also read by the same people on why being "on fire" is not Biblical and is always based on our "feelings and emotions."  Do you walk around happy and just praising God 24/7 every minute of the day, all year round?  If so, be honest and is it real or are you like me, putting on an act and being a real hypocrite?  

First, I don't always "feel" saved.  I know I am and sometimes I feel like such a wretchful sinner that can't get anything right so if salvation and genuine praise is emotions and feelings, wouldn't that be kind of like "salvation schizophrenic?"  If being saved is based on us "feeling" saved, then I'm not a true, born again Christian because I just believe Jesus Christ and the Word of God that tells me I am IF I repent and follow Him.  I am not always happy, on a Spiritual "high" and never once did I buy into this emotional feelings and that unless you actually "felt" the presence of the Holy Spirit and some say the only way you can even have the Holy Spirit is if you speak in tongues and have a secret prayer language.  Well, please tell me where in the Word of God that it clearly or even hints we will speak in a secret language.  I believe that the Spiritual gifts given on the Day of Pentacost was a sign to the Jews and not everyone spoke in known tongues.   Others were given different gifts such as healing, prophecy, discernment of spirits, wisdom and knowledge, etc. but that the GREATEST gift if LOVE. 

I have met many who believe this doctrine and what I've personally seen is that I've been told I don't have this awesome and FREE GIFT of God upon salvation.  BTW, that is not what the Bible says.  Paul is clear that not all speak in tongues and the letters to the church in Corinth was all about the misuse and stunted growth in believers.  They were boastful and proud and used it as a way of telling others they were more mature and/or Spiritual than those who didn't.  Me personally, I was told my very devout Christian grandmother who lived for Him and that verse "ye shall know them by their fruits," speaks volumes about my beloved grandmother.  I heard her curse 2 times in my life.  Now even Christians can't say one sentence without using at least 2-3 curse words in one sentence.  I asked a pastor why he curses and he said to show the unbelieving world that we aren't perfect and will sin. Of course we will but I do not believe that conforming to the ways of a very evil and Godless world is going to teach the true Gospel and watered down Gospels aren't going to save people.  It may make them more tolerant of Christians and they may even give their hearts to God because if I can have eternal security but live as I want, not as He wants, then why not?  I can have everlasting life but sin all I want.  It does not work that way.

If you spread a false Gospel, leave off the wages of sin and teach a different Jesus, even if they accept Jesus Christ immediately, they're not being saved by TRUTH.  Not everyone who says Lord! Lord! will enter into the Kingdom of God.  If you tell a liar, thief, cheater, homosexual, prostitute, sex addict or fornicator, etc. that they're forgven (which is 100% true) but they don't have to turn away from those sins and can continue in them, you're a liar or you make the Bible a lie.  You have to turn away from your lusts and flesh.  You may slip up, we all do, but we cannot willfully continue in sin.   Turning away is true repentance.  

Lastly, the "Sinner's Prayer" is not Biblical at all.  We MUST do 3 things...turn away from sin, obey Jesus Christ's commandments and have a personal one-on-one relationship with our Lord God and Savior, Christ Jesus.  Then we will learn what walking, living, and praying the Spirit REALLY is.  As far as a secret prayer language is concerned, that edifies you and we aren't called to edify ourselves but our brethern and the Body of Christ.  My experience with those who go by this doctrine has hurt me terribly.  I've been told I'm going to hell, my loved ones who've passed are going to hell, I'm way less mature than they are even if I know more than they do about books other than Acts.  I am to live by that book alone.  Paul isn't speaking to me.  I don't need Paul's books.  It almost cost my husband never to attend church.  

I hope this helps and if anyone who believes this doctrine, God is not a respecter of persons. I have been given a different gift.  I've been given a heart of love, a passion for Jesus Christ and I know I'm saved even though I don't "feel" saved 24/7.  I take rest in knowing I'm saved by the Word of God and depends not on how I feel.  I don't know where my beloved earthly churches have gone.   I miss the simple truth that Jesus Christ died, was buried and rose again to save me according to the scriptures. I rest in Jesus's salvation and when I feel sad, lonely or scared, it gives me peace and hope.  Isn't that the true Gospel?  The two greatest commandments are first to love God will your whole heart, mind, strength and soul.  The second is to love others as you love yourself. If you do those 2 things, you have fulfilled the law.  Even Paul says that if you speak in tongues, cast out demons, prophecy, have wisdom and knowledge but have not LOVE, you're just a bunch of noise.  LOVE is the greatest gift.

Pray for it!  I hope this helps!

Part One


Part Two


No comments:

Post a Comment