Wednesday, April 19, 2017

HEBREW WORD OF THE DAY

Today's word is....SOUP.  Yum!  Comfort food.  Chicken soup is so good when you're sick and vegetable soup takes me back to my favorite left-over dinner.  I LOVE my homemade veggie soup.  I love my chicken soup but...not as much.  Remember the books "Chicken Soup for the Soul?"  I love those books.  Awesome stories, so heart-warming and inspirational.  Cuddle up on the couch on a winter's night, snowing and cold, covered up with your favorite blanket, wearing your warmest jammies, eating soup and reading a good book.  Peace...perfect time and place.  You're taken to a land far, far away and for an hour, no worries, fears or troubles.  God gives us those moments and they're so rare but they shouldn't be.  We should take one hour each day for ourselves.  Pray, meditate on His Holy Word, read His Word, read a good book.  Take yourself away from the harshness of the world for a short time.  We need to be refreshed.  Take care of your Spirit and then you can take care of others.  It's not selfish, it's self-less.  God bless and rest.


MY FAVORITE


SHALOM AND REST...JESUS CHRIST IS OUR SABBATH REST!

First Corinthians 15:1-11


No comments:

Post a Comment