Tuesday, November 29, 2016

+ + + I FALL AT YOUR FEET, MY JESUS + + + POEMS POSTED BY MO ON GOOGLE PLUS, THANK YOU!


Mo

Discussion
  -  Nov 27, 2016
+++I fall at Your feet, my Jesus+++

(Ruth Bryan)

A poor, weak, guilty, hell-deserving creature--
I fall at Your feet, my Jesus. You have redeemed
me by Your blood; I am Yours! Oh, use me for Your
glory! Reveal Yourself still more unto me. By faith
I would embrace You for more . . .
gratitude,
love,
faith,
submission,
patience,
courage,
and all I need,
while in this dreary desert--which You alone
can cheer--for all must come from You.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+++That secret loveliness+++

(Philpot, "The Sacrifice Bound to the Horns of the Altar")

"I drew them with My cords of kindness and love."
Hosea 11:4

Where Christ is made in any measure experimentally
known, He has gained the affections of the heart. He
has, more or less, taken possession of the soul. He
has, in some degree, endeared Himself as a bleeding,
agonizing Savior to every one to whom He has in any
way revealed Himself. And, thus, the strong cord of
love and affection is powerfully wreathed around the
tender spirit and broken heart. Therefore . . .
His name becomes as 'ointment poured forth',
there is a preciousness in His blood,
there is a beauty in His Person,
there is that secret loveliness in Him,
which wins and attracts and draws out the tender
affections of the soul. And thus this cord of love
entwined round the heart, binds it fast and firm
to the cross of the Lord Jesus.

"I drew them with My cords of kindness and love."
Hosea 11:4



First Corinthians 15:1-11
Ephesians 2:8-9
John 3:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment