Friday, September 2, 2016

The Gospel According to Luke

The Apostle "Luke"




Luke, a physician, writes with the compassion and wrmth of a family doctor as he carefully documents the perfect humanity of the Son of Man, Jesus Christ.  Luke emphasizes Jesus' ancestry, birth, and early life before moving carefully and chronologically through His earthly ministry.  Growing belief and growing opposition develop side by side.  Those who believe are challenged to count the cost of discipleship. Those who oppose will not be satisfied until the Son of Man hangs lifeless on a cross.  But the Resurrection insures that His purpose will be fulfilled: "to seek, and to save that which was lost."  (Luke 19:10)





Kata Loukan, "According to Luke," is the ancient title that was added to this Gospel at a very early date.  The Greek name Luke appears only thee times in the New Testament (Colossians 4:14; 2 Timothy 4:11, and Philemon 1:24)





My Bible is very unique.  Before each Book, it gives a small bit of information on the book, who it was written by and general info on what it's about.  It's the BEST Bible I have ever owned.  I got it at the Dollar General for $11.  I almost didn't buy it and it was not where you would expect to find one but my 56 year old eyes just don't see well and the ONLY KJV Bible with "red letters" was small print and very hard to find.  It only costs $3.  Oh, I was grateful but ready to spend $30 on one.  They didn't have a large print, red letter KJV edition anywhere in a CHRISTIAN BOOKSTORE!  All they had were these expensive "new" editions I wouldn't pay $1 for.  So each day, starting with the New Testament, I'll share this info.  I started with Mark but I will start over with Matthew.  You can find the information on Mark by clicking on my Archived posts.  God bless you all and so much LOVE in Christ Jesus.  Brenda Alexander





No comments:

Post a Comment