Saturday, September 17, 2016

"RENDER UNTO CAESAR.....MARK 12:17" - Word of Truth Lighthouse Blog by Julie Cohick

WORD OF TRUTH LIGHTHOUSE



Then JESUS answered and said to them, " Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and to GOD the things that are GOD's." And they marveled at HIM.  Mark 12:17

In Matthew 22: 17 thru 21 the religious leaders were testing JESUS and hoped to " entangle HIM in HIS talk " in vs.15 so they did a question and answer session with HIM about taxes. Vs.17 starts - " Tell us, therefore, what do YOU think ? Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not ? " But JESUS perceived their wickedness and said, " Why do you test ME, you hypocrites ? Show ME the tax money." So they brought HIM a denarius. And HE said to them, " Whose image and inscription is this ? " They said to HIM, " Caesar's." And HE said to them, " Render therefore unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to GOD the things that are GOD's."

To Finish Reading, Click Here


Editor's Note:  Tithing is a controversial teaching in the church today.  I have researched this issue as I do have a heart to give, just no money in which to give with.  God, however, has richly blessed us financially and it never has anything to do with what I give or even if I give anything.  I have no personal income.   When I am blessed financially, I am given very specific information via the Holy Spirit to give back.  I don't ever give to get anything.  I expect and want nothing.  If so, I'd invest in the stock market.  God is not my "bank."  I get blessings of all types that mean more to me than gold and silver.  Tithing is not upheld in the New Testament and IF you study what tithing was, you'd see it was the increase AND it went to the saints, not to greedy pastors.  It is my personal opinion that to support any church or pastor that teaches a lie, intentionally, for whatever reason, then you are supporting a liar.  I have yet to find a true Bible-teaching church in a building.  I pray I do but I've been told to stop looking.  When...and if...I am paid what I am owed, I will give way more than a lousy 10%.  I give whenever I can, however much I can and it's a joy.  Do I get it back? I usually do ($20 showed up in my bank twice for NO reason) or we've saved $100 at the grocery store because of buy one/get one free, not having to go to my new doctor every month but every 2-3 (same with my husband) which saved $200/month, things like that.  I give to God so others can be helped.  He's not my accountant or stock broker.  I do not want money back and He takes care of me regardless.  So what if I COULD get more, I'm fine.  I have everything I need, some of what I want, and I have my friends and family.  I don't have to worry about my bills, my groceries, and I have no worries about us getting our needed health care and medications.  I give little, we have little.  Be happy no matter what and give to give, not get.  I'd rather have my rewards in Heaven than here on earth where they will disappear.  I may be poor financially but funny, I feel extremely wealthy!  I have stability, something I never had in my life before I met Him in truth.

Having said that, IF you are lucky enough to have a good, Bible teaching church, please give.  Don't tithe 10%, give more cos you are so blessed.  Their bills must be paid too.  Be careful and don't line the pockets of false prophets and liars who tickle your ears and care nothing about your salvation.  Don't ever be a party to that.  When YOU ask HIM what HE wants you to do, to who and how much, you will be amazed at what He tells you to do.  It is life-changing.  Don't make God a bank.  

No comments:

Post a Comment