Thursday, September 29, 2016

MY POV ON BAPTISM - IS IT GRACE OR GRACE PLUS SOMETHING ELSE?

I have never believed that being baptized is necessary for salvation.  I still don't.  Here are the reasons why:  (Please note this is my personal opinion and that of many others!)



Salvation is by grace alone and not works.  Just read Ephesians 2:8-9.  John is very clear in 3:16 that "whosoever shall call upon His Name SHALL be saved."  Notice...there are no conditions.  


Many say baptism is for the remission of sins.  Okay.  In some verses we are told to get baptized before Christ Jesus died and before the matter was settled when Christ Jesus gave us the way to salvation as recorded to the Church of Corinth in First Corinthians 15:1-4.  No mention of baptism or any other "conditions."  IF baptism is for the REMISSION OF SINS, please tell me why Jesus Christ, THE only sin-free Man, was baptized?  Did He need remission of sins?  No, it was a Jewish ritual and tradition to be anointed into the priesthood after the order of Melchezedich (sp).  He IS our Royal Priest...and final one...today. Therefore baptism cannot be for remission of sins.  



Third, it is an act of obedience.  We SHOULD be baptized if possible.  However, God is perfect, holy, just and not a respecter of persons.  Take the thief on the cross.  He wasn't baptized yet Christ Jesus promised him he would be with Him in paradise.  Would God, who is so just, allow even ONE man to leave off a part of the Plan of Salvation but no one else?  What about people in the hospital and don't make it out?  As most churches claim "sprinkling" isn't "really being baptized" then I guess they're going to hell, no matter who sincere they were.  What about those in countries when even saying the name Jesus Christ can get your head cut off?  Believe it or not but this country, America, isn't far away from being one of those countries.  Whenever I question those who believe this, they use the verse "I will have mercy on whom I shall have mercy and compassion on whom I shall have compassion."


First of all, that had nothing to do with baptism.  Second, if God doesn't have mercy and compassion on all of us, ain't none of us gonna make it.  If I can be forgiven of sins by the blood of Christ, even murder, then surely I can be forgiven for not being baptized as there is but ONE unpardonable sin and not being baptized (nor suicide) is that unforgivable sin. And for those who say you must be baptized in Jesus's name alone, WOW!  You're denying God the father AND the Holy Spirit.  Our God is not petty nor arbitrary.  He's bigger than a name and none of those names are even His real name!



In closing, something as crucial as salvation, the belief and faith that Jesus Christ is LORD, would God put some type of "work, deed, or action" on it that many cannot do?  What about those who die on their way to be baptized?  Is that the God you worship, one that would say something like, "well, you obeyed me to the best of your human ability; you gave all you could and expected nothing back; you loved My Son with your whole heart and soul; you were kind, patient, humble, you read My Book and while it was hard at times, you endured. BUT, because you didn't have any money and your daughter had to have her insulin, or you had a thorn in your side that I put there and were so deathly afraid of water it was hard to take a bath, although I want to let you in, I can't.  Yes, you were granted salvation but grace doesn't cover your being unable to be baptized.  I'm sorry I took your life before you could get this done but if I let you in, I'll have to let in those other "undesirables" who trusted that when My Son said "It is finished," He meant it.  Salvation had come to the world by His atoning work on the cross.



God bless!  My opinion based on sound Biblical teachings!

Now, yes, I believe baptism is an outward confession of the inward heart and a GREAT thing to do.  However, nothing you don't do will keep you from Heaven if you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and live for Him.  If you don't, you may get by on grace but me, I want a well done!

+ + + GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION + + +


No Other Gospel

No comments:

Post a Comment